No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Sending mail from Outlook causes synchronization to fail

• 3 Followers
  • 6 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

I have my Office365 email connected to the Outlook 2010 desktop client. When I send mail from the Outlook 2010 client the mail goes into the outbox and is sent out. Once the mail is sent I receive a synchronization error email as below. 

14:46:04 Synchronizer Version 14.0.6102

14:46:04 Synchronizing Mailbox '....."

14:46:04 Synchronizing local changes in folder 'Outbox'

14:46:04 Uploading to server 'AMSPRD0502.mailbox.outlook.com'

14:46:04 Synchronization of some deletions failed.

14:46:04                                 [80040115-514-80040115-130]

14:46:04                                 Network problems are preventing connection to Microsoft Exchange.

14:46:04                                 Microsoft Exchange Information Store

14:46:04                                 For more information on this failure, click the URL below:

14:46:04                                 http://www.microsoft.com/support/prodredirect/outlook2000_us.asp?err=80040115-514-80040115-130

14:46:04                   1 item(s) deleted in online folder

14:46:04 Done

When I view my sent items folder I notice that the email is not there. If I look at the email through the Office365 Outlook web app I also notice that the email is not there. If I send emails via the Office365 Outlook web app then emails are kept in the sent folder.

How can I resolve this issue?

• Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
  • Hello Castor,

I have seen post about this issue, in one case it was 3rd-party software (PGP - Pretty Good Privacy encryption SW).  Another user has a problem with multiple POP accounts.  Each has it's own .pst file and he had to set the Delivery location for each of his email accounts.  The user believes that you can only send/receive into one .pst,  however, I have no problems with sent items appearing in the proper Sent folders with multiple accounts and .pst file so I am not sure about this tip.  A third user enabled a setting "Save copies of messages in the Sent Items folder" under Options -> Mail -> Save Messages.  You may need to disable this option, restart Outlook, then re-enable this option.

Do you have multiple accounts and/or .pst files?

Thank you,

Todd Douglass - MSFT Support Engineer

• Top 200 Contributor
    • Male
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
  • Hello

it seems to be a network issue

can you try to quit Outlook, disable the cache mode on Outlook, delete the OST file (Outlook cache file), relaunch Outlook, send a new mail, quit once again Outlook, re enable the cache mode

1- disable/enable cache mode: open the control panel, go to User account, open the Mail option, click on Email accounts, select the Office 365 email account and click on the change button, uncheck  the 'Use Cached Exchange Mode' to disable (or check to enable)

2- OST file is located in the user profile (Local Settings\Microsoft\Outlook)

Benoit HAMET

Senior Solutions Architect

MVP Office 365 - MCITP Office 365 - Microsoft Community Contributor

Blog - Twitter

• Top 75 Contributor
    Suggested by
  • This seems to have sorted out the synchronization error email. My sent item though still does not appear in my sent items folder either on the outlook client or web app.

• Not Ranked
  • Hello Castor,

I have seen post about this issue, in one case it was 3rd-party software (PGP - Pretty Good Privacy encryption SW).  Another user has a problem with multiple POP accounts.  Each has it's own .pst file and he had to set the Delivery location for each of his email accounts.  The user believes that you can only send/receive into one .pst,  however, I have no problems with sent items appearing in the proper Sent folders with multiple accounts and .pst file so I am not sure about this tip.  A third user enabled a setting "Save copies of messages in the Sent Items folder" under Options -> Mail -> Save Messages.  You may need to disable this option, restart Outlook, then re-enable this option.

Do you have multiple accounts and/or .pst files?

Thank you,

Todd Douglass - MSFT Support Engineer

• Top 200 Contributor
    • Male
  • Todd,

Thanks for the suggestions. As I didn't have multiple accounts or .pst file I used the last suggestion of disabling and re-enabling the settings to save items to sent items folder and this worked.

Thanks

• Not Ranked
    Suggested by
  • Castor,

Glad to hear we were able to get this straightened out for you.

Todd

• Top 200 Contributor
    • Male
  • "verified answer" above doesn't work for me. Everytime I send a message from Outlook I get a sync error. Any more ideas about how to fix this problem?

• Not Ranked
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)