No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Viewing other users emails on the same domain

• 2 Followers
  • 6 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

Hello,

I have just started with Office 365 Exchange Online (with one user - me!) and have successfully added our own domain, with a view to adding 2 or 3 additional users in the near future.

My question is, once I have added the additional users, will it be possible to view each others mail (inbox and sent mail would suffice) and if so how would this be set up?

Thanks

Steve

• Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
  • Hi Steven,

Do you want to open other's mailboxes in Exchange Online?  It's possible to do this in Office 365. Once you have Full Access permission to other's mailboxes, you should be able to open these mailboxes with OWA or Outlook. You can grant full permission with Remote Power Shell.

To grant full mailbox access to a user other than the mailbox owner by using PowerShell, use the following command line:

Add-MailboxPermission -Identity <Mailbox ID 1> -User <Mailbox ID 2> -AccessRights FullAccess -InheritanceType All

In this command line, <Mailbox ID 1> represents the mailbox that you want to grant permissions to and <Mailbox ID 2> is the mailbox of the user who you want to grant Full Access permission.

Thanks,

Reken Liu

• Top 100 Contributor
    • Male
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
  • Thanks for your help.

This would be a good backstop, but I wondered if it was also possible to view other user's mailboxes in the desktop Outlook?

Regards

Steve

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Steven,

Yes, once you have Full Access permission with other mailboxes, you will be able to open them in your Outlook client. Please do this as the steps shown in the picture below:

You can add as many additional mailboxes as you want, and all the mailboxes will be shown in your Outlook 2010.

Thanks,

Reken Liu

• Top 100 Contributor
    • Male
  • Thanks very much Reken Liu.

• Not Ranked
  • Hello,

I have set this up as above but once opened in outlook I am unable to expand the folder tree for my colleagues mailbox, with the message: "Cannot display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook cannot access the specified folder location. The operation failed. An object cannot be found."

When I ran the Powershell command, I received the following response:

Identity User AccessRights  IsInherited Deny 
     steve  EURPRD06\nicketc  <FullAccess>  False  False

This has happened for both of my colleagues.

Any help you could give would be appreciated. I am primarily interested in viewing my colleagues Calendars, and they mine, in our Outlook applications, but also viewing emails when necessary would be a bonus.

Regards

Steve

• Not Ranked
  • Reken Liu/ All,

I have resolved this - I was confused as to which User was which - all sorted now I think!

Regards

Steve

• Not Ranked
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)