No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Delivery to these recipients or groups is complete, but no delivery notification was sent by the destination server

• This post has 5 Replies |
  • 5 Followers
  • Hi,

When I requeste a Read and Delivery Recipt for an e-mail I get the following message.

Delivery to these recipients or groups is complete, but no delivery notification was sent by the destination server.

I belive the e-mail has been delivered ok but is this the correct message that I should be receving?

Or does something need altering in Outlook?

Regards,

Kevin

0 out of 2 people found this post helpful.

• Hello Kevin,

Regarding the message:

Delivery to these recipients or groups is complete, but no delivery notification was sent by the destination server.

It appears that the messages were successfully delivered according to our server. This message just indicates that the destination server did not send a delivery notification. This can be as simple as the fact that the destination server does not support delivery notifications (in other words the destination server is not an Exchange server). It can also indicate a security issue where the destination server does not trust our server to pass on these delivery notification requests (in other words the destination server is an Exchange server but is not configured to trust your domain). In either case this message can only be resolved by contacting the administrator of the destination server to make sure that the messages are correctly delivered and to see if they can add your domain to their list of safe senders so that you won't receive this e-mail in the future. You can read the following forum for more information:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/exchange2010/thread/389982cb-ac77-4592-bec9-aea865795219

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you need more information.

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hi,

This is happening to us now that we have moved our mailboxes to Office 365. Users where able to send out emails to external contact with a resquest for delivery confirmation. These used to always come through successfully. Now if messages are sent from a cloud based mailbox this reply email comes back all the time (except when sending to other cloud mailboxes).

This would have to be a setting on our end as it is our end that has changed. Is there anyway to fix this? The users that use this feature really like having the extra layer of proof that the email has been sent.

Thanks.

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Did you fix this?

If so, how?

• this is my same issue,  did you find a work-around for this to function?   i just dont want to click request a read recipt each time,  i want it set to always reqest one for me.

• I am facing the same problem with the other people here.

" ............In either case this message can only be resolved by contacting the administrator of the destination server to make sure that the messages are correctly delivered and to see if they can add your domain to their list of safe senders............."

Excuse me, but are you serious? This is a feature that it is suppose to work (and works) between all email providers. I wonder why you didn't suggest us to call the recepients on the phone to confirm the email delivery.

Thank you

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)