No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Sync Outllok on 2 PCs

This question is answered This question is answered
I wish to sync Outlook 2010 on two PC's one at the Office & one at home including all folders & settings. Can I do this with Office 365 and if so how?

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

Verified Answer
  • Hi Pat,

I haven’t heard from you on the progress of the issue for several days. Do you need any other help with this issue? If so, please provide the information requested in my last post.

Thanks,

Monica Tong

• Dear Pat,

After checking the two mailboxes you mentioned, I found that they are two different mailboxes. For two mailboxes, they won’t sync the emails and calendars between each other.

The previous methods we discussed are for one mailbox on different clients. If you prefer to change your mailbox from pat@patogorman.onmicrosoft.com to pat@patogorman.com, you can add your domain to Office 365. Then use the following steps to change it to pat@patogorman.com.   

1. Log on the Office 365 Admin Home Page https://portal.microsoftonline.com/ with your user name and password. (Note: When changing your account, you need to log on with another administrator account or suggest another administrator to change it for you)
    2. Click Admin, and then click Users under Management.
    3. Check your account, and then click Edit. Click Properties under your user name.
    4. Select the new domain after @ in the User name drop down list. Then click Save.

Your account has been changed to @yourdomain.com.

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

All Replies
  •  patogorman ,

Just add your Office 365 e-mail accont to both, and each time you turn on one of the machines and open Outlook, you will see exactly what you saw on the other machine. I have a number of machines here, so I can test stuff under variuos OS, all machines have outlook, so not matter which I am on I can  check the mail.

• Hi Robert,

Thanks for your response, I do have my Inbox synced but a few Folders are not including Calendar, Contacts, Sent Items etc. & I am not sure how to get them synced.

Pat.

• Hi Pat,

What method do you use to sync the account between two computers?
    What’s the Operating System running on the computers you mentioned?

If you add the Office 365 accounts in Outlook on both computers, they will have the calendar, contacts and so on. For the information about adding an e-mail account:

For Outlook 2007: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/add-or-remove-an-e-mail-account-HA001231634.aspx
    For Outlook 2010: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/add-or-remove-an-email-account-HA010354414.aspx?CTT=1

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Hi Monica,

I have Outlook 2010 on both computers, one on Windows 7 and one on Vista. The e-mails sync but not Calendar & Contacts. Seems a bit bizarre from what I have read.

Pat.

•  
    Hi Pat,

If you have added the account in Outlook 2010 on both computers, they will synchronize with Exchange Online automatically. If the emails in both computers are same with Outlook Web App, they connect to Exchange Server is ok.

To troubleshoot the issue, I suggest comparing the Calendar and contacts on both computers with Outlook Web App. The issue occurred on the Outlook 2010 with incomplete Calendar and contacts. We can remove the profile in that computer and add Office 365 account again in Outlook 2010 on that computer. 

Thanks,
    Monica Tong
  • Hi Pat,

How are things going? Is the problem resolved?

Thanks,

Monica Tong

• Hi Monica,

Unfortunately not. It syncs very sporadically so I am sure something is not set up properly and it does not sync, for example, the Sent Items folder as well as the more obvious Calendar & Contacts.

Regards,

Pat.

• Hi Pat,

Have you removed the account and added it again in Outlook 2010?

Does any error appear state that it isn’t sync well? Please capture a screenshot of the situation for further troubleshooting.

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Hi Pat,

I haven’t heard from you on the progress of the issue for several days. Do you need any other help with this issue? If so, please provide the information requested in my last post.

Thanks,

Monica Tong

• Hi Monica,

I am still working through and trying to understand it better, still no luck with the Calendar syncronization but I just realized e-mails were being received in two inboxes (sometimes separately it seems); pat@patogorman.com & pat@patogorman.onmicrosoft.com so I just have to understand more about how & why that was happenning.

Pat.

• Dear Pat,

After checking the two mailboxes you mentioned, I found that they are two different mailboxes. For two mailboxes, they won’t sync the emails and calendars between each other.

The previous methods we discussed are for one mailbox on different clients. If you prefer to change your mailbox from pat@patogorman.onmicrosoft.com to pat@patogorman.com, you can add your domain to Office 365. Then use the following steps to change it to pat@patogorman.com.   

1. Log on the Office 365 Admin Home Page https://portal.microsoftonline.com/ with your user name and password. (Note: When changing your account, you need to log on with another administrator account or suggest another administrator to change it for you)
    2. Click Admin, and then click Users under Management.
    3. Check your account, and then click Edit. Click Properties under your user name.
    4. Select the new domain after @ in the User name drop down list. Then click Save.

Your account has been changed to @yourdomain.com.

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

•  
    Hi Pat,

Did the above reply answer your question?

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Hi Monica,

This seems to be the correct pathway; however I have tried several times without any luck to verify my domain at godaddy following the instructions given. I have now conatcted them and will try to work that through. But what you say makes sense, I will let you know how I progress.

Regards,

Pat.

• Hi Monica,

After several days of @#$^$#$$#%% trying to get my domain verified it is finally done. I am good till stage 4:

4. Select the new domain after @ in the User name drop down list. Then click Save

I do not get the option to select the new domain. My only option is still pat@patogorman.onmicrosoft.com

I am aware that you say "(Note: When changing your account, you need to log on with another administrator account or suggest another administrator to change it for you)" but as a sole user how do I manage this?

Pat.

• HI Monica,

I feel we are almost there with this exception:

Hi Monica,

After several days of @#$^$#$$#%% trying to get my domain verified it is finally done. I am good till stage 4:

4. Select the new domain after @ in the User name drop down list. Then click Save

I do not get the option to select the new domain. My only option is still pat@patogorman.onmicrosoft.com

I am aware that you say "(Note: When changing your account, you need to log on with another administrator account or suggest another administrator to change it for you)" but as a sole user how do I manage this?

Pat.