No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

How can I add a Kiosk plan?

This question is answered This question is answered

I have several P1 plans with Office 365 and I have a couple of scenarios where the Kiosk plan would be perfect. The problem is I see no way to add that plan to an email account. I have searched the Forums,  Googled, Binged, and prayed to the internet Gods for an answer, but have yet to see how to add the Kiosk plan to my account.

-Brian Hall-

Verified Answer
  • No you can have an account with just Kiosk Plans with no E plans.  Bear in mind that you cannont use a domain for the new account (that has just Kiosk plans) that has been added to the other accounts.

If you want I can send you a purchase offer for the Kiosk plans on there own, just let me know the number and plan type.  As well I can give you a link for a 30 day trial on K2.

Feel free to contact direct;

richard@dcssouthwest.com

All Replies
  • Unfortunatly not.  The Kiosk Plan is an enterprise plan and can only be added to an enterprise plan (E Plans).

•  

Hi Hallmanac,

The following onlinehelp article provides useful information about signing up a Kiosk (K plan) account.

Contact Support for a billing or subscription issue

http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-smallbusinesses/ff652569.aspx

Thanks,

Melissa

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hello Hallmanac,

Please advise whether your question was answered. If you still have additional questions or concerns, please let me know and I will continue assist as needed. I look forward to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Sherika MSFT Support

• Thanks for the clarification Richard.

How does that work? Do I need just one person on the E Plan and then I can start adding multiple Kiosk plans? Or is it a one-to-one progression (one E plan to one kiosk plan)?

• No you can have an account with just Kiosk Plans with no E plans.  Bear in mind that you cannont use a domain for the new account (that has just Kiosk plans) that has been added to the other accounts.

If you want I can send you a purchase offer for the Kiosk plans on there own, just let me know the number and plan type.  As well I can give you a link for a 30 day trial on K2.

Feel free to contact direct;

richard@dcssouthwest.com

• Thanks again Richard. The Kiosk plan is not needed right now but will be in the future. And I would like to have it on the same domain.

<rant>

Just looked at the upgrade and migration path to go from P1 to E1 plans. What a joke. It's like they (Microsoft) don't want you to spend money with them. If I have to "cut the cord" to Office 365 in order to move from P1 to E1 then I might as well look at other alternatives since I'll be starting over (in a sense). Just when I thought they were "getting cloud services" I find this out. So frustrating.

</rant>

• Well, good luck.  It is a shame that there is no upgrade path.  I think this is done to try to put people off the SB P1 plan, but is not stressed enough.  I must admit that I often bang my head on the wall, as I am an Authorized Subscription Advisor.  However, I don's think Microsoft push the use of partners.  I think it is a real shame, as I would have recommended from the start that you look at Enterprise Plans.

I did have an interesting conversation with the Director od Partner Services in the UK.  She did hopefully take some things on board in relation to 365 and the Smaller Business community.  She did quote me back in some comments so fingers crossed that Microsoft will re-evaluate the SMB market, as it is much a greater market than corporate.  For you this may be too late, but lets hope that they can learn for the future.

Don't get me wrong, I am a fond supporter of 365, but do feel that allot more honesty and clarification is required before trial and purchase.

......any way good luck, and if I can be of any assistance in the future feel free to get in touch.

• .....selling 1 single E1 or E3 licence to 500 Smaller Organisations is easier then selling 500 licenses to a larger organisation.

</rant>