No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

OWA new meeting default time/date issue

This question is answered This question is answered

Hello,

We have a P1 Tenant and we have the following problem with Outlook Web App new meeting feature.

The problem is, that if we make a new meeting in the calendar view, the default dtae/time of the new meeting is not the current time and date. In the following picture the date is 2012.05.14, but the current date is 2012.05.16:

This is working when I try to make a new meeting on a mail pane. The timezone in the OWA settings page is correct.

Is there any suggestion?

Thank you,

Bálint

Verified Answer
  • Hi Bálint,

Thanks for your update.
    I have tried to reproduce this issue on my side. Based on my test, if we choose Work Week view or Week view when scheduling an appointment, it will not display the correct start time and end time. So, would you please check if you are on the correct day time and use Day view to schedule an appointment? If not, please use Day view and check if the issue persists.

Thanks,
    Grace Shi

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

All Replies
  • Hi Bálint,

Thanks for posting here.
    To help us narrow down this issue, would you please confirm the following information?
    1. Please check if any service interruption of your Office 365 tenant.
    In the Microsoft Online portal, click Service Health.

2. Is there any other person experiencing the similar issue in your company?

Thanks,
    Grace Shi

• Hi Bálint,

How are things going? Is there any update on the status of the issue?

Thanks,
    Grace Shi

• Hi Grace,

Unfortunately all people in our tenant experiencing the same problem. There is no service interuption on the health board.

Regards,

Bálint

• Hi Bálint,

Thanks for your update.
    I have tried to reproduce this issue on my side. Based on my test, if we choose Work Week view or Week view when scheduling an appointment, it will not display the correct start time and end time. So, would you please check if you are on the correct day time and use Day view to schedule an appointment? If not, please use Day view and check if the issue persists.

Thanks,
    Grace Shi

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hi Grace,

Thank you for your reply. I confirm that if I choose Work week view or Week view, it will not display the corect time and date. When I select day view, the date and time is correct. Is this the correct mode how it works by design? It's a bit confusing for the users.

Thank you again,

Bálint

• Hi Bálint,

Yes, the current function of Work week view and Week view is by design. We may not able to customize it depends on our requirement. So, when using Work week view or Week view to schedule an appointment, we should manually update the start time and end time to the current time zone.

Meanwhile, for this requirement, you are highly appreciated to submit feedback to our product team. Many features of current programs were designed and upgraded based on customer feedback. Again, thank you for working closely to improve our products and service.

Thanks,
    Grace Shi

• Hi Bálint,
    I want to check if your issue has been resolved.
    If you need further assistance, please feel free to reply to me.

Thanks,
    Grace Shi

• Hi Grace,

Thank you for your assistance. I understand that this is how it works.

Best regards,

Bálint