No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Room mailbox question

• 2 Followers
  • 8 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

Hello all

we recently moved to 365 our organization and i would like also to start using my room mailboxed for the 2 meeting rooms which i have in the company.

I want to say that my clients of outlook are some Office 2007 and some office 2010.

i have the following questions:

1) I have noticed that users with 2010 can add the room mailboxes by going to OWA account and adding there. To same people mostly 2007 i noticed that they get an error about permission, how do i correct this?

2) How is the room mailbox working? In some tests which i have done i noticed that by trying to make a new appointment by double clicking a specific hour on the room mailbox called ROOM1 it send a request by email to the room1@mydomain.com email address and then adds it to my Calendar. By that i dont see it though at the Calendar of ROOM1 that it was booked but in my calendar. Is it how it works? Maybe then i need to create a shared calendar and not a room mailbox calendar

thx in advance

• Post Points: 35
Verified Answer
All Replies
  • Hi Kostas.Koulis,

Thanks for your post. You can kindly find your answer below:

Q1: I'd like you can update Office2007 to the latest version and also re-intall "desktop apps" via portal.microsoftonline.com/download

Q2 :There is a lot of setting of the Room mailbox. Once we create a Room mailbox and send a mail to that mailbox. It can automatically accept and also can forward this request to another person for decision.

You can take a look at create a new room mailbox at help.outlook.com/.../ms.exch.ecp.newroommailbox.aspx

Change Room Mailbox Properties help.outlook.com/.../ff628669.aspx

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• Top 25 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
    Suggested by
  • Hi Kostas.Koulis,

How are you doing? I am just writing to see if there is any progress on this issue. I do not mean to push you. I just want to ensure that you do not encounter any problems during the troubleshooting. Thank you.

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• Top 25 Contributor
  • Hello

I have some questions concerning your reply above especially running the updates for Office2007 to the latest version and re-intall "desktop apps" via http:///portal.microsoftonline.com/download

I have a total of 60 accounts and each user have different version of Ms Office

- 31 users have office 2007

- 21 users with office 2010

some users are using the same pc.

My questions are:

1) 90% of my users are restricted users. That means that i have to go personally with admin rights and run the desktop apps to all computers?

2) is this needed for both 2007 and 2010 users?

3) I havent runned the desktop apps and some people are complaigning. Is this the reason?

4) I have a user with office for Mac 2011. Do i need to run / update something there too?

thx in advance.

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Kostas.Koulis,

For your questions:

Q1: is this needed for both 2007 and 2010 users?
    A: No, just update the user of using Office2007. (currently, the problem only occur on Office2007)

Q2 : I havent runned the desktop apps and some people are complaigning. Is this the reason?

A: It's a necessary update of Office365 in order to work properly for Office365. If there is some problem if installation. You can take a look at here http://community.office365.com/en-us/w/administration/manually-install-office-365-desktop-updates.aspx about the manual installation.

Q3: I have a user with office for Mac 2011. Do i need to run / update something there too?

A: Just install the regular update of Office2011. There is no desktop for MAC.

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• Top 25 Contributor
  • Hi Kostas.Koulis,

How are you doing? I am just writing to see if there is any progress on this issue. I do not mean to push you. I just want to ensure that you do not encounter any problems during the troubleshooting. Thank you.

Neo Zhu

• Top 25 Contributor
  • Hello

Thank you very much for your help. I appreciate.

SIncerely

• Not Ranked
  • Hello

i am coming again about the room mailboxes.

I have updated the users with office2007 both and microsoft general updates and also the office2007 updates.

i have the following questions:

1) I have went at each users OWA and i have added the shared calendar with the method which is explained at the help of adding the shared calendar at OWA. Shouldnt that automatically been seen also at local outlook. At 2010 is working but in 2007 it doesnt.

and if i try to add it by myself (open a shared calendar) i have the following error

thx in advance

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Kostas.Koulis,

Thanks for your reply. Can you enlarge the screenshot of the error message?

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• Top 25 Contributor
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)