No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Multiple Email Accounts using Outlook for Mac 2011 and Office 365

This question is not answered This question is not answered

I have just created an Office 365 Exchange account and want to run multiple pop email accounts thru Office 365 using Outlook for Mac 2011. 

I am confused about were to manage the accounts:

1) Within Office 365?

2) Within Outook for Mac?

I want to be able to reply using the email address that message sent to. 

If I use connected accounts in Office 365 will I be able to reply in Outlook for Mac with the right email option?

If I have have to set up multiple accounts in Outlook for Mac for the correct reply then how do I configure the incoming and outgoing servers to go thru the Outlook 365 server?

Thanks, Kevin

All Replies
  • Hi Kevin,

You are using Outlook 2011 and you prefer to use Outlook client with Office 365. If I have misunderstood anything, please feel free to let me know.

If you would like to use the Connected Accounts feature in Office 365, Office 365 mailbox will download the emails of the other mailbox which have been added to the Connected Account of Office 365. Also you can send the emails using the other account address through Office 365 mailbox. For more information, you can refer to this link.
    http://help.outlook.com/en-au/140/dd181953.aspx

If you set up multiple accounts in Outlook 2011, you can refer to this article to set up email for Office 365.
    http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/gg471164.aspx

Other account is directly connected to the mail service provider server. Office 365 has no rights to directly manage the emails. For how to set up email account of Outlook 2011, you can refer to this article.
    http://www.microsoft.com/mac/outlook/getting-started-with-outlook

Thanks,
    Ray Yang

• Hi Kevin,

How are things going?

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Thanks,

Ray Yang

• Hi Ray,

Thanks for your reply.  I am well beyond the basic setup information.  

My end goal is to sync Mac Outlook with SaleForce via a Cloud (Office 365) and sync Mac Outlook with my iPhone via iTunes.  The iPhone sync may be able to be done via Office 365.  What I am finding is that I need a 3rd party software from CloudPlus to sync Office 365 to SalesForce.  Is there a better solution that is less painful?

I have multiple accounts configured on Outlook and I have an Exchange account configured as well.  What I would like to do is to redirect the outgoing server path on the other accounts to use the Office 365 Server so that all outgoing are seen by the Exchange Server and can be synced with SalesForce.  Can I change the outgoing server path on the other accounts to the Exchange account?  I need to provide on the outgoing server information for the other accounts?  I tried to use the Exchage server information with Exchange Login information and the other user and email address.  I get send error messages from this account. It seems that Office 365 solved this problem if you use this as the email client.  If I use Office 365 as the email client then I need to solve the iPhone sync problem.  

I have another problem to be solved which is folder management between "On My Computer" and "Exchange Folders".  Office 365 syncs to the "Exchange Folders".  How do I sync  the folders "On My Computer"?

Thanks, Kevin

• Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your reply.

Before moving on, I would like to clarify that we don't have any update or resource for integration Office 365 with CRM tools, such as SaleForce.

Based on your description, I would like to confirm if you have configured an Exchange account in SaleForce and it failed to send out messages. When you set up Office 365 in SaleForce, it works successfully.

Generally, if you would like to use SaleForce and Office 365 together, I would suggest you use Outlook 2010. You could set up both the accounts in Outlook 2010 to manage them.

For your another problem, I want to confirm if this is a SharePoint issue. If so, please post another thread about this issue on Office 365 Forum under SharePoint part for us to provide more specific solution for you.

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Hi Ana,

Thanks for your reply.  There is a 3rd party that supplies Server to Server syncing between Office 365 and SalesForce for Outlook for Mac 2011.  I just need to get the account configuration in Outlook set up correctly.  If the accounts can be set up to work in Outlook 2010 then they should be able to set up to work in Outlook 2011.  The account setup and folder setup for syncing is an Outlook issue.  SharePoint is a completely different product.

Unfortunately I can not use Outlook 2010, I am on a Mac.  

Thanks,

Kevin

• Hi Kevin,

Would you like to configure Exchange Online account and SaleForce account on client Outlook 2011, and sync emails from Exchange Online to SaleForce, besides, to redirect outgoing emails on other accounts to use the Exchange Online server?

If so, we are not able to sync Exchange Online emails to other mail service. However, as a workaround, you may connect your SaleForce account as a connected account to Exchange Online account as mentioned, and then, emails from SaleForce account can be downloaded to Office 365 account as copy, and when you set up Exchange ActiveSync on your mobile device (iPhone), it can also be accessed by mobile device.

In addition, it seems that you experienced some sync issues in your reply. To troubleshoot this issue, would you please provide more detailed information here?

Thanks,
    Grace Shi

• Hi Grace,

Thanks for your reply.  You understand the objective from your first sentence.  I have used a PC and Outlook as a client and redirected the outgoing stmp server to another provider in the the past.  I had another profile (account) to send emails from.  I was able to use the account email address and login to the outgoing smtp server with that account information.  Can I do the same with a 365 Exchange Account?  

Will the Exchange ActiveSync on my iPhone sync to the native phone contacts and calendar?

Thanks,

Kevin

• Hi Kevin,

Before going further, I would like to confirm your detailed requirement.

1.When you add another service mailbox to Outlook 2011, you prefer to configure the SMTP server as Office 365 server address.

2.The outgoing email, whose ‘From’ address is not an Office 365 address, will be delivered by Office 365 SMTP server.

Office 365 server doesn’t support to send emails using other service provider except this mail address is add as a connected account.

Do you mean you prefer to sync the Office 365 mailbox’s contact and calendar to iPhone?

If so, please refer to this link to set up Office 365 account in iPhone.

help.outlook.com/.../dd125429.aspx

Thanks,

Ray Yang

• Hi Ray,  

Thanks for the note about the iPhone sync.  Can I speak to a support person?  Please send me an email to schedule a call.  

It seems that my main issue is not understood.  I would like to use Outlook for Mac 2011 as my email client and have the same email features as a connected account in Office 365.  With connected account all email from connected accounts is saved by the Excahnge server.  I would like to configure the Account in Outlook 2011 to store the same sent messages on the Exchange Server.  

I imported some contacts with a categories field into Office 365 and the categories field is not seen.  Is there a map control file for importing contacts?  Office 365 does support categories and the defined colors as some default categories.  Do I need to add my categories prior to importing for my contact categories to be recognized?

Thanks,

Kevin Brehmer

• Hi Kevin,

For your question, after you add other connected accounts to the Office 365 mailbox, you can refer to this article about the information of Connected Account.

help.outlook.com/.../dd181953.aspx

Then you can use the external address as ‘From’ address. The sent mails will store in the Sent Items of Exchange Online account.

For your categories question, the categories information is defined per account. You need to define the categories in the Exchange Online.

Thanks,

Ray Yang

• Hi Kevin,

How are things going?

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Thanks,

Ray Yang