No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Email able to send out after a few hours but error 0x80040115 prompted

This question is not answered This question is not answered

Dear O365 Support,

One of the user will access his own mailbox to send and receive email. In Outlook, she connects her mailbox and another user's mailbox by using Exchange mode. When she sent out email by using another user's mailbox , that email will hold in Outbox and cannot send out. When she can click on “Send and Receive” button, error 0x80040115 would be shown.

But after a few hour, that email can be sent out. Please advise.

Best Regards,

Steven

All Replies
  • Hello Steven,

Before going further, I would like to confirm the following information with your first.

1. Which version of Outlook client are you using, Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2010?

2. Can user send/receive emails properly with her own mailbox?

3. Does the problem reoccur whenopenning another mailbox via OWA?

To help to troubleshoot this problem, please try the steps below and check if the issue can be fixed.

1. Run the "Set up and configure your Office desktop apps" on client computer by clicking Download in MOP at https://portal.microsoftonline.com/.

2. Create a new outlook profile by clicking Control Panel -> Mail -> Show Profiles -> "Add".

3. Follow the article below to configure the Outlook 2010 to connect to Exchange Online.

Set Up E-Mail in Outlook 2010
       http://help.outlook.com/en-US/beta/dd253202.aspx

Note: you can also configure the Outlook manually following KB2404385

4. Open another user's mailbox from Outlook client as an additional mailbox.

5. Send a test mail and try again.

If the issue persists, please try to send the same email via OWA to check what happens.

Thank you.
    Jack Sun

• Dear Jack,

Thanks for your email.

1. My client using Outlook 2010
    2. Send/Receive properly on her own mailbox
    3. She didn't try to use OWA but other users in the same network using OWA were working fine
    4. I have followed your procedure but the problem still occurring

I noticed that the connection in the Outlook is not stable, the connection keep refreshing and flashing, please check the screen shot captured as below, I asked user they didn't make any changes of the Outlook configuration and it was working fine, so I am not sure where the problem is. I also tried to recreate another new Outlook profile but same problem still occurring, please advise. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Steven

• Dear Jack,

Thanks for your email.

1. My client is using Outlook 2010.
    2. It was working fine last week but it doesn't work properly either in her own mailbox or the other mailbox.
    3. She didn't try to use OWA to send email, but other users in the same network who using OWA are working fine.
    4. I have followed your procedure but the problem still occurring.

I noticed the Outlook connection is not stable, the connection keep refreshing and flashing from time to time, please see the captured screen shot show as below. I also asked my client they didn't make any changes in their Outlook configuration since they start using O365.

Best Regards,

Steven

• try doing this,- ipconfig /flushdns   it worked for me.

• Dear Fytech,

I also tried too but it does not work not me.

Best Regards,

Steven

• Hello Steven,

Thank you for your update.

Per the previous posts, it seems that Outlook connection is not stable and emails can't be sent from shared mailbox due to error 0x80040115 on client computer.

For this situation, to narrow down the issue, would you please try the steps below and check what happens.

1. Install the latest updates for Windows Operating System and Outlook client on problematic computer.

2. Start the Outlook client with command "outlook.exe /safe" to start outlook client in safe mode and check if user can send email properly from shared mailbox.

Thank you.
    Jack Sun

• Hello Steven,

Any update of your problem? Can things work well now?

Jack Sun

• Hi Jack,

Thanks for your email, but the problem still occurring even I tried to update her Windows & Office 2010 to the latest patches, also tried to create another profile but same thing happening. Please advise.

Best Regards,

Steven

• Hello Steven,

I would like to first confirm what you are referring to when you mention Exchange mode. Is that cached Exchange mode? This issue may not be related to the email, but rather downloading the Offline Address Book which happens everytime Send and Receive is clicked.  Please test Email auto-configuration for this user by trying the steps provided here: http://www.addictivetips.com/microsoft-office/outlook-2010-test-email-auto-configuration/ . Please let me know the results.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Brandon Kempma
    Office 365 Technical Support.

• Dear Brandon,

I configured it as a cached Exchange mode. Please check the results as below:

Best Regards,

Steven

• Hello Steven,

Thank you for the screen shots. It seems the test is failing on the IMAP protocol. Is the other mailbox being accessed a public folder? Please check out the information in this TechNet forum as it seems to have relevance to this situation. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchange2010hosters/thread/7dfc9a45-0fca-49a1-9a2f-5ec982a378c0 . Please have the user access Outlook Web App to find out if the issue reproduces there as well. This will cut the possibilities of the problem in half.

You can also try the repair option for the user's account by opening control panel, choosing the mail icon, select email accounts (not profiles), then select the account from the list and click on repair. This will make Outlook use autodiscover to repair the account. You may get an error here, but it would actually be helpful in determining the issue further.

Brandon Kempma

• Dear Brandon,

Both of the mailboxes are not accessing any public folder, I tried to repair the accounts but the problem still occurring, but I noticed there feel like some connection issue with the O365 server in my client office, because it failed a few times when I was trying to create a new profile. I asked my client to call their internet service provider for checking, but they said there have nothing wrong with the connection. Are there any proving that I can give to my client's ISP? Thanks. Please advise.

Best Regards,

Steven

• Hello Steven,

Please use the following link to a tool online that will test autodiscover connectivity from the client office. https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/. Use the Office 365 tab and both of the Microsoft Office Outlook Connectivity Tests. The results from these tests will determine if there is a network issue related here. Please run this from more than 1 PC in the office.

Brandon Kempma