No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Auto Response for entire Domain

• 3 Followers
  • 5 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Answered (Not Verified) This question has suggested answer(s)

Greetings:

Is there a way to have a domain added to Exchange Office 365 where instead of a bounce back message for users not found, it sends out a custom message?

For example:

If I have no user frank@somedomain.com instead of sending back 'does not like recipient.' bounce back it says some custom message.

Thanks.

Joseph

• Post Points: 20
All Replies
  • Hi Joseph,

Unfortunately no there is no way to customize the NDR in Office 365 and catchall addresses aren't allowed either, you are stuck with the standard NDR.

Thanks,

Jorge R. Diaz

Microsoft MVP | Office 365

MCITP: Office 365 Administrator

Check out my Blog

Follow Me

• Top 100 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
  • Hi Joseph,

As Jorge said, there is no way to customize the NDR message. Therefore, I would like to know why you want to customize the NDR. Maybe we can find a workaround for that. Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Alex Du

• Top 75 Contributor
    Suggested by
  • Hi Joseph,

How are things going on your side? If you need further assistance, please let me know. Thanks.

Alex Du

• Top 75 Contributor
  • The reason is we have a domain name that we would like to phase out as the spelling is very similar to the main one, for example we have one with the number 2 instead of TO and it would be great if someone emailed the 2 address to have a bounce back saying please email the person at the TO address, does that make sense?  Right now I would have to add all the users to the 2 address and make sure people inform the users.

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Elvisfrog,

I understand your concerns.

There is my suggestion, I hope it works on your environment. We could set a transport rule “if recipient includes domain @xxx.com, then block the e-mail with notification ‘please resent the e-mail to @xxx2.com’”.

Best Regards,
    Alex Du

• Top 75 Contributor
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)