No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Auto Response for entire Domain

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)

Greetings:

Is there a way to have a domain added to Exchange Office 365 where instead of a bounce back message for users not found, it sends out a custom message?

For example:

If I have no user frank@somedomain.com instead of sending back 'does not like recipient.' bounce back it says some custom message.

Thanks.

Joseph

All Replies
  • Hi Joseph,

Unfortunately no there is no way to customize the NDR in Office 365 and catchall addresses aren't allowed either, you are stuck with the standard NDR.

Thanks,

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hi Joseph,

As Jorge said, there is no way to customize the NDR message. Therefore, I would like to know why you want to customize the NDR. Maybe we can find a workaround for that. Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Alex Du

• Hi Joseph,

How are things going on your side? If you need further assistance, please let me know. Thanks.

Alex Du

• The reason is we have a domain name that we would like to phase out as the spelling is very similar to the main one, for example we have one with the number 2 instead of TO and it would be great if someone emailed the 2 address to have a bounce back saying please email the person at the TO address, does that make sense?  Right now I would have to add all the users to the 2 address and make sure people inform the users.

• Hi Elvisfrog,

I understand your concerns.

There is my suggestion, I hope it works on your environment. We could set a transport rule “if recipient includes domain @xxx.com, then block the e-mail with notification ‘please resent the e-mail to @xxx2.com’”.

Best Regards,
    Alex Du