No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Using Windows Live Mail with Office 365

This question is answered This question is answered

Hello and help!!!!

I previously used Windows Live Mail with OLSB.  I have successfully transferred website and email to Office 365 but I'm having problems with hooking email up to receive emails. 

I get the follwowing error messages with Windows Live, even though I seem to be sending and receiving OK.

Unable to send or receive messages for the Brightstart Montessori account.

Server Error: 0x800CCC90
Server Response: -ERR Message corrupted
Server: 'pod51015.outlook.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800420CD
Protocol: POP3
Port: 995
Secure(SSL): Yes

Unable to send or receive messages for the Brightstart Montessori account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F

Any ideas because apart from these error messages everything else is fine.

Thank you!

Verified Answer
  • Hi barhalk,

Thanks for your reply. I'd like you can re-configure the email account for the Exchange online mailbox. Currently, for the mail application you used, you can only use POP or IMAP to connect the Exchange online server.  You can refer to this document help.outlook.com/.../cc875899.aspx  to use IMAP to connect the mailbox to see any improvement.

Thanks Neo Zhu

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

All Replies
  • Hi barhalk,

Thanks for your post.  Have you tried to re-configure live email to check again if there still have this problem ?

As for this case, I'd like you can configure again with live meeting by using IMAP setting. Further, you can use some free IMAP application to test again.

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• Thank you for the reply but I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean.  Is there something online that I can follow through??

I get the first error message still (10 times) followed by the second one once.

Unable to send or receive messages for the Brightstart Montessori account.

Server Error: 0x800CCC90

Server Response: -ERR Message corrupted

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800420CD

Unable to send or receive messages for the Brightstart Montessori account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F

Thank you!

• Hi barhalk,

Thanks for your reply. I'd like you can re-configure the email account for the Exchange online mailbox. Currently, for the mail application you used, you can only use POP or IMAP to connect the Exchange online server.  You can refer to this document help.outlook.com/.../cc875899.aspx  to use IMAP to connect the mailbox to see any improvement.

Thanks Neo Zhu

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• I've used IMAP to connect and it seems to have been successful.  Thanks for your help.

• HI Neo, I have Office/Outlook 2010 installed (residing) on my PC (as opposed to the OWA), and when I go into account settings they appear to be exchange account settings, and there is no option for POP/IMAP/SMTP settings.

Is there another way I can find/access these settings? There are several Windows Live Mail features I use across multiple devices, so it's important to be able to continue accessing email through the WLM application.

Thanks!

• Hi mlblue,

Yes, sure. When you access to OWA. you can click on the "question mark" on the top of the right corner , then select "About". You can find the information there.

Thanks, Neo Zhu