No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

550 5.1.1 The e-mail account does not exist

This question is answered This question is answered

I cut over my DNS and MX records over 24 hours ago. Not that this matters but it may be relevent. Senders to my domain that is now hosted by O365 are getting bounce backs, 550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.RecipNotFound.

I AM a valid user, i DO get some inbound email. Why would soem get rejected?

===========================

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: TEST
      Sent: 5/16/2011 1:20 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

dan@csofmaine.com on 5/16/2011 1:20 PM
            The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to.  Check the e-mail

address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address.
            <csofmaine.onmicrosoft.com #5.1.1 smtp;550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.RecipNotFound; not found>

============================

0 out of 2 people found this post helpful.

Verified Answer
  • Somehow i was able to get it to work through a combination of email alias, default logon account. Thanks for your help!

All Replies
  • Hello

can you check if the email address (dan@csofmaine.com) is assigned to your user

you can follow this step by step for assigning alias blog.hametbenoit.info/.../Post.aspx

is your Office 365 email address (dan@csofmain.onmicrosoft.com) generating the same error?

• Email to dan@csofmaine.onmicrosoft.com works fine. dan@csofmaine.com is not an alias but is the default address. If i try to add it as an alias it complains the address is not unique.

Other aliases seem to work fine as well.

• How to you change the default address?

Try to use the Exchange Management Console to check your user account property (blog.hametbenoit.info/.../Post.aspx)

• Somehow i was able to get it to work through a combination of email alias, default logon account. Thanks for your help!