No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Workplace schedule for several people

This question is answered This question is answered
I make workplace schedules for our shop, so the schedule/calendar naturally includes several people. Can I make such a calendar/schedule in Office365?
Verified Answer
  • Hi InspiraPeter68,

Could you please provide more detailed description about your requirement, so we can have deep understanding and provide specific suggestions.

Generally, in Office 365, each users will have a primary calenar of their own, when someone send a meeting/event to the users they select, and the meeting/event information will be added to each attendee's own calendar.

If you want have one deidicated calendar to be shared by multi users, you can set a shared mailbox, and assign full access permission to them, so then can open this calendar and know the schedule. For detailed gudie, please refer the following article, http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/ee441202.aspx

Thanks,
    Lester Zhang 

• Hi InspiraPeter68,

I can see the attached picture.

I think your requirement can be met by the shared mailbox.

You can setup a shared mailbox and assign proper permission, then, add the appointment with proper category, so every one can see this calendar with colored events.

Thanks,
    Lester Zhang

All Replies
  • Hi InspiraPeter68,

Could you please provide more detailed description about your requirement, so we can have deep understanding and provide specific suggestions.

Generally, in Office 365, each users will have a primary calenar of their own, when someone send a meeting/event to the users they select, and the meeting/event information will be added to each attendee's own calendar.

If you want have one deidicated calendar to be shared by multi users, you can set a shared mailbox, and assign full access permission to them, so then can open this calendar and know the schedule. For detailed gudie, please refer the following article, http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/ee441202.aspx

Thanks,
    Lester Zhang 

• 8512.exscheduleweek.psd

This is how the work schedules looks, I make them in excel.

/peter

• Hi Peter,

Thanks for your update.
    However, the .PGD picture is not accessed successfully as this kind of picture is unavailable to upload in this forum. In this situation, would you please post a .JPG or .JPEG file again for us better understanding your situation here?
    To insert and post a screenshot in the forum, please refer to the following steps:
    1. Click Use rich formatting when posting a reply.
    2. Click the button to insert a picture.
    3. Click Post.

Thanks,
    Grace Shi

• Hi Peter,

I have downloaded some PSD viewers but unable to open the file you uploaded.

Also, I have tried to changed the exetension of the file to xls and xlsx, but nonthing show up when I open this file.

You may convert it to jpg, gif file and follow the previous method provided by Grace to upload the image.

Thanks,
    Lester Zhang

• Hi Peter,

How is everything going? Do you have any updates about the status of the issue?

Thanks,
    Lester Zhang

• I tried again to upload the image, now in jpeg.

Dont know if it worked?

• Hi InspiraPeter68,

I can see the picture now. Do you mean to import this as a Outlook calender format or others? Could you provide more detail information about your requirement?

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• Hi InspiraPeter68,

I can see the attached picture.

I think your requirement can be met by the shared mailbox.

You can setup a shared mailbox and assign proper permission, then, add the appointment with proper category, so every one can see this calendar with colored events.

Thanks,
    Lester Zhang

• Hi InspiraPeter68,

How is the thing going? Is shared mailbox solution helpful?

Thanks,
    Lester Zhang

• I got the suggestion that I should use a shared mailbox, but as I understand it I cant include people in a shared mailbox unless they all themselves have Office365 accounts, right?

• Hi InspiraPeter68,

I am not quite understand the "include people", could you please provide more description?

Generally speaking, if you want to other users to modify this calendar, then yes, these users must be in the same Office 365 tenant where the shared mailbox locate. If you only want to other users to see this calendar, then you can open the shared mailbox, right click the calendar, share and publish this canendar so other users can subscribe this calendar to see the event in it.

Thanks,
    Lester Zhang

• Hi InspiraPeter68,

We have not heard from you in a couple of days.

Just checking in to see whether the information was helpful.

Thanks,
    Lester Zhang