No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Accessing multiple Office 365 accounts in Outlook on my desktop

• 2 Followers
  • 13 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

I have 3 separate office 365 accounts for different businesses and would like to be able to open all of them on my desktop under one outlook application. Is this possible, and how would I do it?

Kind regards

Kevin

• Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
All Replies
  • Hi Kevin,

In outlook 2010, we can build multiple exchange accounts. Therefore, if you are using outlook 2007, then we recommend updating it to outlook 2010. Thanks.

Best regards,
    Alex Du

• Top 75 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
    Suggested by
  • Hi Alex,

I am using outlook 2010, but when I seek to add a new office 365 account (I already have successfully included my first account) if enter the details in the first dialogue box:

After sometime I get a suggestion to move from encrypted to unencrypted logon, but then reach the following dialogue box ...

Can you help?

Kind regards

Kevin

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Kevin,

Based on current situation, please follow the steps below to setup manually. Thanks.

Outlook cannot configure a new profile by using Exchange Autodiscover for an Exchange Online mailbox in Office 365
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2404385

Best regards,
    Alex Du

• Top 75 Contributor
  • Hi Kevin,

How are things going on your side?

Alex Du

• Top 75 Contributor
  • Hi Alex,

Not too sure.

As I understand it the creation of a new profile allows for outlook to access more than one email account, but only if outlook is exited and then restarted pointing at the new profile.

What used to be the case before I migrated to Office 365 from Office for small businesses was that I could have multiple linked accounts within one profile so that I could manage their calendars and the mails within outlook simultaneously ... is this possiblbe using the suggestion above ...?

Kind regards

Kevin

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Kevin,

I would like to answer your question.

Q: is this possiblbe using the suggestion above?
    A: Yes, we can manage multiple accounts with one profile.

Besides, we checked the domain status. It should work fine now. In other words, the auto discover should work fine now.

Best regards,
    Alex Du

• Top 75 Contributor
  • Hi Alex,

Thanks for this. I have now connected the account you validated above and can see it in outlook in the way I had anticipated.

I assume I now have to follow the same process for the remaining links and all will then be well.

Many thanks for your help with this.

Kind regards

Kevin

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Alex,

You mentioned in your previous note that "we checked the domain status. It should work fine now. In other words, the auto discover should work fine now".

Can you check the domain status for kevin.powell@childrenwithtumours.org to see that its OK for autodiscover. I have run the remote connectivity analyser which came back positively, but I have not been able to run auto account set up even though I have now completed the manual set up that was successful for the other account I mentioned to you previously.

Can you help please?

Kind regards

Kevin

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Kevin,

To the auto discover problem, it might be caused by DNS problem. Therefore, please follow the steps below to resolve auto discover record on your local client. .

1. Launch command prompt on one local client.

2. Run the commands below.

Nslookup
    Set q=cname
    autodiscover.childrenwithtumours.org

3. Please check if the cname record, autodiscover.childrenwithtumours.org, was pointed to "autodiscover.outlook.com". If not then please add the cname record on your local DNS server.

You may refer to my screenshot to do so.

Best regards,
    Alex Du

• Top 75 Contributor
  • Hi Alex,

I didn't quite get the same as you ... I have attached my results ...

What should I do next?

Kind regards

Kevin

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Kevin,

Based on your screenshot the CNAME is correct. Therefore, the autodiscover should work. Please make sure the autodiscover.outlook.com can be resolved and retry.

Best regards,
    Alex Du

• Top 75 Contributor
  • Hi Alex,

I tried to add the email using auto account set up and it still doesn't work ... is there something I have missed in your statement "Please make sure the autodiscover.outlook.com can be resolved"? I followed the steps in your previous posting before attempting to set up my email account within outlook.

Kind regards

Kevin

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Kposl,

I discussed the issue with my colleagues and consult other internal resources.

It may be cause by a known issue. Sometimes, autodiscover didn’t work if we have multiple profiles. At that situation, we should only configure them manually. Currently we are working on the issue. Thanks.

Best regards,

Alex Du

• Top 75 Contributor
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)