No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

In-Place Archiving in Exchange Online (Plan 1)

This question is answered This question is answered

Hi, Just moved to Office 365 on an Exchange Online Plan 1 License and am intrigued by the In-Place archiving as it potentially means that I can get rid of the pst archiving solution I have suffered for many years.

However all the information I can find says that it is only available to Enterprise plan customers, but it does appear to be available to enable on my mailbox. I can't find any recent documentation that confirms or denys this and I am now live on the service and don't want to do anything that may cause issues later.

Is this safe for me to use and will it work on my plan?

Thanks!

Verified Answer
  • Hi Brett,

I understand that you have signed up an Office 365 plan which includes Exchange Online Plan 1. In Exchange Online Plan 1, the In-Place Archive is available, you can refer to this link and get more information: Compare Exchange Online plans

You can create one user and try to enable this feature, check if it works well.

Thanks,
    Bourne Zhang

All Replies
  • Hi Brett,

I understand that you have signed up an Office 365 plan which includes Exchange Online Plan 1. In Exchange Online Plan 1, the In-Place Archive is available, you can refer to this link and get more information: Compare Exchange Online plans

You can create one user and try to enable this feature, check if it works well.

Thanks,
    Bourne Zhang