No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Add-MailboxPermission cmdlet will not work

• 5 Followers
  • 7 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Answered (Not Verified) This question has suggested answer(s)

I am trying to allow other users to access a user's mailbox, when attempting to use the 'Add-MailboxPermission' cmdlet I have the following error returned to me:

"The term 'Add-MailboxPermission' is not recognised as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, blah blah... "

• Post Points: 20
All Replies
  • Hi Hue,

Please check if it will work when you have established the correct Full Access permission as the following PowerShell command:

Add-MailboxPermission -Identity <Mailbox ID 1> -User <Mailbox ID 2> -AccessRights FullAccess

For connecting Windows PowerShell to the Service, you may refer to the link below:

help.outlook.com/.../cc952755.aspx

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Top 50 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
    Suggested by
  • Hi Hue,

How are things going?

Please post back at your convenience if we can help further.

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Top 50 Contributor
  • It sounds like you haven't pulled down the session to your local PowerShell session by running the 'Import-PSSession' CmdLet. Check out the posting below to make sure you have your PS Session configured properly:

http://wp.me/p1bt13-1d

Thanks,

Jorge R. Diaz, PMP, CCNA, MCSA, MCSE, MCTS
    Cloud Technologies Architect
    Planet Technologies
    Check out my Blog!
    Follow Me
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Male
    Suggested by
  • Hi,

I have the same issue with our Exchange online accounts. Two different domains are used  and need to be under the same profile.

I can login via powershell, I can pull the session but the required commands according to blogs.technet.com/.../you-cannot-connect-two-office-365-accounts-in-one-outlook-profile-at-the-same-time.aspx are not available.

If I use Get-Command I can only see:

Cmdlet          Add-Computer

Cmdlet          Add-Content

Function        Add-DistributionGroupMember

Cmdlet          Add-History

Function        Add-MailboxFolderPermission

Cmdlet          Add-Member

Cmdlet          Add-PSSnapin

Cmdlet          Add-Type

As you can see Add-MailboxPermission and Add-RecipientPermission are completely missing.

We still have to use an old IMAP setup for the other domain as we can't use both accounts at the same time now.

Elias Sajo

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Elias,

Even though it seems that you have a similar issue as Hue Lma, the solution for the issue you encountered may be different. In order to focus on your problem, I would suggest you to open a new post with more detailed information about this issue and the troubleshooting steps you have taken, which would help us to resolve this issue more effectively.

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Top 50 Contributor
  • i can have the same issue posted by Elias sajo

session with Office365 must be ok, because get-msoluser is working fine.

But after session with o365 established, get-help add-*

available list is exactly same.....Cmdlet          Add-Computer

Cmdlet          Add-Content

Function        Add-DistributionGroupMember

Cmdlet          Add-History

Function        Add-MailboxFolderPermission

Cmdlet          Add-Member

Cmdlet          Add-PSSnapin

Cmdlet          Add-Type

any idea to use addmailbox command?

tomozou

• Not Ranked
  • Hi tomozou,

Thanks for your reply.

If you have checked the links in the thread and still could not resolve this issue, I would suggest you post a new thread about the detailed information of the issue you encountered and the steps you have done to resolve it, this is so we could focus on your questions and provide more specific solutions for you.

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Top 50 Contributor
    Suggested by
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)