We found a pre-release or Beta version of an Office product on your computer and can't install because of it

• 2 Followers
  • 6 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Answered (Not Verified) This question has suggested answer(s)

"We found a pre-release or Beta version of an Office product on your computer and can't install because of it. Please Uninstall any pre-release Office software using the Program and Features item in your Control Panel and try installing again."

The above message appears on a freshly install Dell OptiPlex 990 system (Windows 7 Pro), when we are trying to install Office365 Small Business Premium subscription.

We only installed Firefox and Chrome browser and nothing else. We also ran the Fixit (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2739501/en-us) to no avail.

What gives? Need some help here.

Thanks.

• Post Points: 20
All Replies
  • Hi Pet,

Is it a brand new computer or just has been re-built? Would you please re-build the computer (e.g. factory reset) then try it again? Please note the following restriction:

32-bit Office can be installed on 32-bit or 64-bit operating systems and 64-bit Office can only be installed on 64-bit operating systems.

There is a more dedicated forum supporting this kind of issue, if a factory reset does not help, please post the issue at Office 2013 forum to get a more accurate solution, your understanding is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sean Xiao  

• Top 75 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
  • Hi Sean,

Yes it is a freshly re-built system (ie factory reset). I actually build another Windows 7 system and it also ran into the same problem. Any other way to install Office365 beside Click to Run?

I use the 32bit Office install on our 64bit Windows 7 OS.

Please help.

Thanks

Pet Club

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Sean,

Yes it is a freshly re-built system (ie factory reset). I actually build another Windows 7 system and it also ran into the same problem. Any other way to install Office365 beside Click to Run?

Please help.

Thanks

Pet Club

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Sean,

Please help.

Thanks

Pet Club

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Sean,

I found out what is causing our problem, ie "We found a pre-release or Beta version of an Office...can't install because of it". It turns out our corporate firewall's content filtering services is blocking ActiveX and Java. As soon as we added the system we are trying to deploy Office365 to the exclusion list, Office 2013 started to install without any complain.

• Not Ranked
    Suggested by
  • Hi Pet,

Great! Except for the regular troubleshooting now we have another useful option from your side to fix the issue, it is highly appreciated!

Thanks,

Sean Xiao

• Top 75 Contributor
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)