No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Manual config of outlook with Office 365

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)

We have an existing sbs 2008 box we just moved to office 365.

Ran the Desktop office 365 agent. Says we have to config outlook manually.

Stopped the sbs 2008 exchange server.

Support links say need to fin server name: look for ABOUT then server id.

Problem is this web owa does not have the ABOUT option. Cannot find server id.

So the outlook still wants to config locally.

How do i find the server id so I can setup manually successfully?

Thank you.

TG

All Replies
  • Hi TG,

If the tenant is Office 365 pre upgrade plan, you can refer to http://blogs.technet.com/b/hot/archive/2012/02/06/how-to-manually-configure-outlook-office-365.aspx . If the tenant is upgraded, you need to try the following steps:
    1 Use PowerShell connect to Exchange Online.
    http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/cc546278.aspx
    2. Get mailbox Guid as below picture:

Then set related setting as below:
    a.Go to Control Panel, and click Mail.

b.Click Show Profiles and then click Add.

c.Type a name for the profile, click OK.

d.Click to select the Manual setup, click Next.

e.Click Microsoft Exchange, and then click Next.

f.In the Server box, type e9983645-a13a-4334-8003-4f841d055318@domain.com/domain.onmicrosoft.com

g.Make sure that the Use Cached Exchange Mode option is selected.

h.In the User Name box, type your user name (for example, alias@domain.com), and then click More Settings.

i.Click Security tab, make sure you do not check the box “Encryption” and choose Anonymous Authentication

j.Click the Connection tab.

k.Make sure that the Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP check box is selected, and then click Exchange Proxy Settings.

l.In the Use this URL to connect to my proxy server for Exchange box, type the host address outlook.office365.com

m.Make sure that the Only connect to proxy servers that have this principal name in their certificate check box is selected, and then type msstd:outlook.com.

n.Click to select the On fast networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP check box, and then click to select the On slow networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP check box.

o.Under Proxy authentication settings, click Basic Authentication.

p.Click OK two times.

q.Click Check Names. When the server name and the user name are displayed with an underline, click Next.

r.Click Finish.

Thanks,
    Johnny Zhang

• Hi TG,

How are things going? Do you have any updates about the issue?

Thanks,
    Johnny Zhang