Sign up for Office 365
Learn more about Office 365
Office 365 subscriber since July 2012, used Office Pro 2010 until this morning, when Microsoft upgraded our account. Installed Office 2013, tried to launch Outlook 2013, won't connect. Reviewed the DNS settings for our domain and updated them exactly the way they were listed on our DNS manager. Have verified the Domain DNS settings for Exchange.
Reviewed the blogs and forums and believe there is some issue with AutoDiscover as it relates to SSL settings on the Certificate. Have imported and installed all three levels of the security certificate to no affect.
Read a TechNet posting that said I needed to invent another SRV DNS setting, but am very frustrated that the default DNS settings don't include this, nor did my efforts to add the SRV record work.
This is interrupting work for 8 people and I need an answer ASAP.
I asked my partner of record about this, but HIS accounts haven't been upgraded yet, so he couldn't help either. Why would you migrate me before you migrate your partners? How are they supposed to help with something they haven't even seen?
VERY POOR MIGRATION PLAN, MICROSOFT.
Thanks for the feedback.
0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.
Our domain is knowledgeintegration.net. The dns on the certificate is *.chi.us.securedata.net. I believe that the wrong certificate was issued for our account and it needs to be reissued with our domain attached to the subject alternative name of the certificate. I am currently on hold with technical support, but the call is 40 minutes old so far with nobody to talk to yet, so this still may be the fastest solution.
To answer your specific question, we have never had a hybrid configuration on this account.
Do you have the ability to make this happen? I have spent 13 hours figuring out that I can't solve this problem myself with the VERY LIMITED information on the web about this as it relates to Office 365 and Outlook 2013. I'm tired and I don't want to work on this tomorrow as well.
I also subsequently read that I should not use a SRV record for autodiscover but stay with the cname. That is still where it is, and the Office 365 domain checker passed the DNS settings with flying colors. I just need this certificate re-issued with the correct information.
I thought that 24x7 phone support would mean that I would be supported by telephone. Instead, a very nice lady gave me a support number and then put me on hold for 2 hours and 20 minutes (until I got tired and gave up). The IRS is faster than that... Come on, guys. Reissue my Security Certificate with the RIGHT DNS settings please. THANK YOU!
This is NOT our certificate. As I understand it, the highlighted section should include "knowledgeintegration.net"...
I need you to reissue OUR certificate so we can connect. Outlook 2013 will NOT connect without the right certificate and I CANNOT change this. Of course, assuming that I was the one who did something wrong, I've now spent 16 hours trying to fix this. I'm now WAITING for you.
I did finally speak with William and determined that there was a legacy DNS setting on our local domain controller. After reviewing the DNS settings on the domain controller, I found the offending static entry that we believed had been removed by a contractor, but was not. The entry was redirecting our autodiscover to the local DNS server instead of allowing access to the outside and off to Microsoft's servers. Without William's assistance, I would not have been able to know it was our local machine instead of the Exchange server.