No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Extranet User Profile Issues

• This post has 7 Replies |
  • 3 Followers
  • I'm using the Social Meeting template and trying to add an Extranet User to the Attendees list. I can find the user through the People Picker's browse button, but the interface never accepts the Extranet User as a valid entry. I had the Extranet User fill out their profile and give themselves a proper name, but they cannot be found by name days after that change either. Not being able to incorporate Extranet Users just like a user with an account will result in a difficult to understand feature gap in and diminished utility of SharePoint on Office 365.
  • Hi Joel,

Currently, the feature to invite an extranet attendee to Social Meeting Workspace is not available.

I encountered the same issue with you. I did lots of research on this, found that it is true for this fact at this time.

Please feel free to submit a feedback by clicking “Feedback” button at the right lower corner of the Forum.

Thanks,

Kylin Yang.

• You can invite them to the site no problem and they can interact with information on the site just fine, but they are seemingly not a user in the any other sense. What is the reason for this distinction? I imagine it holds true for all other sorts of sites. Why can't extranet users be utilized like any account user?

• Hi Joel,

Because the extranet users do not have the licenses of Office 365. They do not have the same permissions with the internal users.

So, for the security consideration, to invite an extranet attendee to the Social Meeting Workspace is not available currently.

I suggest you submit the feedback in the link: mymfe.microsoft.com/.../Feedback.aspx

Any update for this, we will send out the notification.

Thanks,

Kylin Yang.

• Then how was I able to do it? I have Extranet Users in the Social Meeting Workspace. They function fine in terms of assigning permissions to lists and libraries, but you cannot add them as entities to the participant list.

• Joel,

How did you get them to be able to do a profile, when I have tried that is has always failed, on P1 and E3.

Hope this helps

Robert

• I'm not sure what you mean. After building the Social Meeting Workspace, I used Site Actions > Share Site with the extranet user. Once that user logged in, they went to User Settings > My Settings and filled out their particulars. Now they appear like a normal user in all contexts except the issue I described with the participant list.

• Joel,

Oh, OK. You meant just the My settings, which I was able to do on my P1 account. In E3 I was trying to get them to show a proper profile, and that is where I got stuck.

Anyway later tonight I am going to see if I can add my own form to meetings, with out the e-mail check. Since for whatever reason that form moves e-mail to display name, then says there is no e-mail.

Seems odd that you can assign tasks to the external user, tell them what to bring, and everything else, you just can't invite them to the meeting.

Hope this helps

Robert

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)