No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Change title and description of public-facing website

This question is answered This question is answered

I am trying to change the title and description of my public facing website so that it is displayed in search results as "Stellar Resumes | Professional Resume Writing Service" rather than the current "stellarresumes.net"

For some reason, I can't access the site settings to make this change.  The only way I can see doing it is by clicking the search tab and then clicking site settings, but I seem to be accessing a team site by doing that.  Why is there no option for site settings on the public-facing website page?

Verified Answer
  • The search engines show the PAGE TITLE in results which you can easily change in the page editor under design>>properties.
All Replies
  • The search engines show the PAGE TITLE in results which you can easily change in the page editor under design>>properties.
  • Thanks! While I'm at it, one more question: The two lines that appear in google search results after the title line.  How can I customize those? I was under the impression that whatever I type into the "description metatag" box in SEO tab will appear in search results, but that's not what happended.  Any ideas?

• Generally if there is a description meta tag, that's what the search engines will use. If there isn't you'll see random snippets of the page's content. But you won't see a change in that until the next time the site is crawled which happens every 4-6 weeks roughly.