Windows Phone 8 and Office 365

This question is answered This question is answered

Hello,

After clicking the Office 365 icon on my Windows Phone 8, and logging in with my hotmail email address, I am unable to open Office 365. I click on the Office 365 tile then click Office 365, it then goes to a setup screen again, click setup, and asks for email and password again.

Thanks in advance

Verified Answer
  • Also it then set's up another hotmail account (Hotmail 2) when I login .

• Hi Brent,

In regard to your description, I understand the issue you encountered with the Windows Phone device.

I’d like to clarify that could you login to the portal of Office 365 and use the Outlook Web App normally now?

About the account you used to login to Office 365, it should be an Office 365 account rather than a Hotmail account.

Currently please try the steps below for troubleshooting:

1. Login to the Office 365 portal and check whether you have the related service license.
    2. Try with another user account on the Windows Phone device.

Thanks,
    Kevin Cui

1 out of 2 people found this post helpful.

All Replies
  • Also it then set's up another hotmail account (Hotmail 2) when I login .

• Hi Brent,

In regard to your description, I understand the issue you encountered with the Windows Phone device.

I’d like to clarify that could you login to the portal of Office 365 and use the Outlook Web App normally now?

About the account you used to login to Office 365, it should be an Office 365 account rather than a Hotmail account.

Currently please try the steps below for troubleshooting:

1. Login to the Office 365 portal and check whether you have the related service license.
    2. Try with another user account on the Windows Phone device.

Thanks,
    Kevin Cui

1 out of 2 people found this post helpful.

• Kevin,

I have followed your recommended steps and simply cannot connect my WIndows Phone 8 to Office 365.

• Hi Carmien,

After you refer to the information provided in this thread, if the issue from your side still persists, I’d like to suggest you provide the detailed description and screenshots in a new thread. This is because the same symptom issue may be caused by different root causes. A new thread would avoid the confusion and let other users in this forum refer to information clearly as well as effectively. After that, we would have another engineer focusing on the question from your side and this is so the issue can be answered quickly.

Thanks,
    Kevin Cui

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• I'm not certain how to get screenshots from my Windows Phone 8.  But for that matter, even after a phone reset to factory conditions and running through this as the first thing I do on the phone I cannot connect to office 365 on my Windows Phone 8.

• I have verified having an active subscription of Office 365 Home Premium
    • I have verified my login credentials and make sure I show password on my WP8 login attempt
    • Once the Outlook account is setup on the WP8 and I try to sign in (including all advanced settings right down to m.outlook.com as the server) it simply goes back to the accounts page, offering me the chance to setup.

I do not get a message telling me why this is.

I am a bit concerned at starting a new thread.  The fact remains that the original question for this thread is not answered.  And no troubleshooting steps above and beyond checking what I know to be true (an active subscription) has been offered.

I'm going to post another thread - this thread is going to ask if anyone has successfully connected a WP8 device to Office 365.  Once I can see that this has been proven by other users I'll ask them what their log in experience was like.

EDIT: Why was this question marked as answered when it clearly HAS NOT BEEN ANSWERED???

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hi Carmien, 

As Kevin has mentioned, I suggest you create a new dedicate thread in order to solve the issue more effectively. After posting the problem in the new thread, our support engineers could focus on your questions and provide more specific solutions in the new thread.

In addition, you can decide whether the answers are verified or not by yourself in your own thread.

Thanks,
    Maggie Li 

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• I'm with you Carmien.  This problem has been around for 12 months and I have the same frustration with my Nokia 1080.  In so many of these types of forums I find that the role of the MSFT Support people seems to be to add confusion and delay solutions. Half the time they don't even seem to understand the question and so they respond with platitudes.  They are just a waste of space.  It's time they got real and give us some serious answers or stop parading themselves as experts.