No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Win8 and Teamsite – Are they compatible?

This question is answered This question is answered

Hello. My laptop system worked 100% with Win7 and Teamsite. 10/26 I updated system to Win8 and I’m seeing problems when downloading files etc from teamsite portal. Following is the error I keep seeing.

I’m experiencing this error when using different networks. I have used a 2nd system with Win7 and can access the files with no issue. Please help address

Verified Answer
  • Thanks Johnny, I have tried both these options last week with zero improvement.

I'm not sure of the exact cause but this is what seems to have fixed my issue/error.

1. Fresh install of win8. System worked well for +5hrs.

2. System then did windows auto update x 15 items. After reboot problem was immediate as couldn't access SharePoint.

3. I did a system restore back to state prior to auto-updates.

4. Changed win8 update settings to remove office updates option.

5. System did auto-update x 5 windows items.

6. With past 3hrs can access SharePoint 100%.

All Replies
  • Hi Keanep1,

Thanks for your post here. In terms of your description, I understand that you could not download files from SharePoint Online using Windows 8.

I’d like to clarify that do the files can be downloaded by other users in your organization? Apart from downloading the files, can you open and view the files online normally?

Currently I’d like to suggest you perform the following steps to troubleshoot:

1. Upload a new created document to SharePoint Online and check whether it can be downloaded.
    2. Which browser are you using? Please use Internet Explorer and try again.

In addition, please let me know the method you downloaded the file when encountering the issue.

Thanks,
    Kevin Cui

• Hi Keanep1,

How are things going?

In addition, do you need further assistance with this issue?

Thanks,
    Kevin Cui

• Hi Kevin,

I have tried upload and download of documents, it works intermittently. 11/2 I had no issues with access to teamsite, today again seeing original error 100%.

I'm using IE10.

• Hi Keanep1,

You can try to open SharePoint website with compatibility mode to see if any improvement. Also using other browser is optional. 

Thanks,
    Johnny Zhang

• Thanks Johnny, I have tried both these options last week with zero improvement.

I'm not sure of the exact cause but this is what seems to have fixed my issue/error.

1. Fresh install of win8. System worked well for +5hrs.

2. System then did windows auto update x 15 items. After reboot problem was immediate as couldn't access SharePoint.

3. I did a system restore back to state prior to auto-updates.

4. Changed win8 update settings to remove office updates option.

5. System did auto-update x 5 windows items.

6. With past 3hrs can access SharePoint 100%.

• Hi Keanep1,

Thanks for your update and sharing the information. I’m so glad to hear that the issue on your side has been resolved.

Thanks,
    Kevin Cui