Sign up for Office 365
Learn more about Office 365
Hello. My laptop system worked 100% with Win7 and Teamsite. 10/26 I updated system to Win8 and I’m seeing problems when downloading files etc from teamsite portal. Following is the error I keep seeing.
I’m experiencing this error when using different networks. I have used a 2nd system with Win7 and can access the files with no issue. Please help address
Thanks for the feedback.
Thanks Johnny, I have tried both these options last week with zero improvement.
I'm not sure of the exact cause but this is what seems to have fixed my issue/error.
1. Fresh install of win8. System worked well for +5hrs.
2. System then did windows auto update x 15 items. After reboot problem was immediate as couldn't access SharePoint.
3. I did a system restore back to state prior to auto-updates.
4. Changed win8 update settings to remove office updates option.
5. System did auto-update x 5 windows items.
6. With past 3hrs can access SharePoint 100%.
Thanks for your post here. In terms of your description, I understand that you could not download files from SharePoint Online using Windows 8.
I’d like to clarify that do the files can be downloaded by other users in your organization? Apart from downloading the files, can you open and view the files online normally?
Currently I’d like to suggest you perform the following steps to troubleshoot:
1. Upload a new created document to SharePoint Online and check whether it can be downloaded.
2. Which browser are you using? Please use Internet Explorer and try again.
In addition, please let me know the method you downloaded the file when encountering the issue.
How are things going?
In addition, do you need further assistance with this issue?
I have tried upload and download of documents, it works intermittently. 11/2 I had no issues with access to teamsite, today again seeing original error 100%.
I'm using IE10.
You can try to open SharePoint website with compatibility mode to see if any improvement. Also using other browser is optional.
Thanks for your update and sharing the information. I’m so glad to hear that the issue on your side has been resolved.