No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

where can I find user's UPN?

This question is answered This question is answered

In BPOS SharePoint Online, I used to find "<DOMAIN>\<UPN>" in my settings on SharePoint User Information Page. Plase see the image attached:

In Office 365 SharePoint 2010, I can't quite figure out where to find this info. In the place where I used to see "red001\me", I see this instead: i:0#.f|membership|me@company.onmicrosoft.com 

For me@company.onmicrosoft.com, is the domain simply "company.onmicrosoft.com", and is my user name "me"? Where do I find this info?

Thanks.

Verified Answer
  • The UPN "User Pricipal Name" is a consolidated login that combines a user name and domain name in one internet friendly format (e.g. user@domain.com)  In Office365 the UPN and MOS ID "MS Online Services ID" are the same.  Ideally this is also the default SMTP address, but doesn't have to be.  

When using a UPN to logon you use the entire UPN as the "user name" and leave "domain" blank.

The "i:0#.f|membership|" prefix that appears in several places throughout Office365 is a known issue that will be resolved in a future release

All Replies
  • The UPN "User Pricipal Name" is a consolidated login that combines a user name and domain name in one internet friendly format (e.g. user@domain.com)  In Office365 the UPN and MOS ID "MS Online Services ID" are the same.  Ideally this is also the default SMTP address, but doesn't have to be.  

When using a UPN to logon you use the entire UPN as the "user name" and leave "domain" blank.

The "i:0#.f|membership|" prefix that appears in several places throughout Office365 is a known issue that will be resolved in a future release