InfoPath Forms will not Open in Web Browser View

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)

Hi

I really need some help please. I am publishing my InfoPath form to my SharePoint Forms Library. All the setting on the library is pointing to view in web browser.

I think it might be that on my office 365 SharePoint site my form services is not enabled.

What should I do for the form to open in the web browser an not in the InfoPath Filler

Please help

All Replies
  • Hi Willem,

If you are on a E3 or other enterprise account, then you must enable infopath, if you are using the P1 small business then infopath in the browser is not available.

In an E Plan it can be turned on by going into site collection features. Also if I recall, you must enable the browser feature for the form when you write it.

• Thanks Robert

If that is a fact I am a bit unhappy with Microsoft. Small business also needs web forms . I will see if I can work around this issue

Thanks for your feedback

• Hi Robert

Does this mean we do not have Excel Services, Visio Services etc

• Hello Willem,

Based on my test, it is OK in E plan, just as Robert mentioned. And for that Excel and Visio services are included in Office Web App, they can be used on SharePoint Online. But Excel files on SharePoint site can be opened both with local program and in browser, while Visio files can only be opened with local program.

If there are any other concerns about this issue , you can send us feedback by following the link as below, and I will appreciate your efforts:
    http://g.microsoftonline.com/0BX11EN/135

Thanks,
    Cherry Wang

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• How do I open the Visio document on my local computer from the SkyDrive file?  

I expect to be able to click on the file and have MS invoke Visio on my PC and download the file.  When I close and save I expect to be able to save locally and on SkyDrive (or both).

Instead, I get a challenge for my credentials that never completes - it just reopens asking again for User name and PW in a loop.  No download.

• How do I open the Visio document on my local computer from the SkyDrive file?  

I expect to be able to click on the file and have MS invoke Visio on my PC and download the file.  When I close and save I expect to be able to save locally and on SkyDrive (or both).

Instead, I get a challenge for my credentials that never completes - it just reopens asking again for User name and PW in a loop.  No download.