No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

working with "web part pages"

This question is answered This question is answered

As noted in another thread, I'm using a chart web part on a page I created at my SharePoint site. I then use a web browser control in Access 2010 to show the page on a form, and I publish that to SharePoint.

All that works fine, except that there's a lot of clutter on the page. I only want to show the chart web part, not the list of pages on the left and all the header information.

I noticed, though, that if you go to Site Actions, More Options, there is a "Create Web Part Page" option with several layout templates to choose from. I picked the "Full Page, Vertical" template, and that got rid of all the stuff on the left!! The header stuff was still there, though. Still, it was progress.

When you create a Web Part Page, it gives you  a choice of which document library to create it in: Site Assets, Documents, or Site Pages. (Site Pages, is, of course, where the regular pages are stored.)

I tried creating a page with the chart web part in all three locations. Creating it in Documents didn't work. Kept getting a "could not find sharepoint list" error. But creating it in Site Assets or Site Pages worked fine.

Only thing: though I could see the pages I created in Site Assets or Site Pages by going to their URL in a browser (e.g., http://abc.sharepoint.com/TeamSite/SiteAssets/ChartPage.aspx), I couldn't get either to come up in an MS Access web browser control, as I had previously with the regular page I created.

Any idea why the "web part page" I created would be visible in a browser, but the same page wasn't visible in an Access web browser control (which is, essentially, a browser as well)?

When I created the page doing a simple "Create Page" in the Team Site, the page I created with the chart web part was visible in BOTH a web browser and in an Access web browser control. But the page I created by going to Create Web Part Page only shows in a browser, not in an Access web browser control (the web browser control is just blank - no error message or anything).

Also, though the URLs for both web part pages indicate that they're under the Team Site (as per the URL above), NEITHER page shows on the Team Site under Site Pages. Do you know why that is? Why they don't show under the Team Site pages?

So, those are my two questions. Thanks!!

Verified Answer
  • This thread can be disregarded. The problem I was having with the web browser control was probably due to corruption. I recreated the control on a different form, and it worked find with web part pages. Also, was able to find where the web part pages were located. No response needed here. Thanks!

All Replies
  • As noted in another thread, I'm using a chart web part on a page I created at my SharePoint site. I then use a web browser control in Access 2010 to show the page on a form, and I publish that to SharePoint.

All that works fine, except that there's a lot of clutter on the page. I only want to show the chart web part, not the list of pages on the left and all the header information.

I noticed, though, that if you go to Site Actions, More Options, there is a "Create Web Part Page" option with several layout templates to choose from. I picked the "Full Page, Vertical" template, and that got rid of all the stuff on the left!! The header stuff was still there, though. Still, it was progress.

When you create a Web Part Page, it gives you  a choice of which document library to create it in: Site Assets, Documents, or Site Pages. (Site Pages, is, of course, where the regular pages are stored.)

I tried creating a page with the chart web part in all three locations. Creating it in Documents didn't work. Kept getting a "could not find sharepoint list" error. But creating it in Site Assets or Site Pages worked fine.

Only thing: though I could see the pages I created in Site Assets or Site Pages by going to their URL in a browser (e.g., http://abc.sharepoint.com/TeamSite/SiteAssets/ChartPage.aspx), I couldn't get either to come up in an MS Access web browser control, as I had previously with the regular page I created.

Any idea why the "web part page" I created would be visible in a browser, but the same page wasn't visible in an Access web browser control (which is, essentially, a browser as well)?

When I created the page doing a simple "Create Page" in the Team Site, the page I created with the chart web part was visible in BOTH a web browser and in an Access web browser control. But the page I created by going to Create Web Part Page only shows in a browser, not in an Access web browser control (the web browser control is just blank - no error message or anything).

Also, though the URLs for both web part pages indicate that they're under the Team Site (as per the URL above), NEITHER page shows on the Team Site under Site Pages. Do you know why that is? Why they don't show under the Team Site pages?

So, those are my two questions. Thanks!!

• This thread can be disregarded. The problem I was having with the web browser control was probably due to corruption. I recreated the control on a different form, and it worked find with web part pages. Also, was able to find where the web part pages were located. No response needed here. Thanks!