No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Saving files to Office365 Teamsite directly from Word 2010

• sorry if I should have found this in the documentation....but I set up my (trial) subscription, with a team site and then ran the "setup office 365 on your desktop", and i expected to have some option to save to the teamsite directly from Word.   I know it can be done via a URL, but i thought there would be an option that would allow my users to do that without having to remember the URL etc. What am I missing?

Thanks!

• I found this but it breaks down at the "on the library tab, in the connect and export group"...i can't find that anywhere when i bring up the library in sharepoint....

Add, remove, or manage SharePoint sites for Office programs

1.Navigate to the site containing the library for which you want to connect to Office.

2.Click the name of the library on the Quick Launch, or click Site Actions, click View All Site Content, and then in the Libraries section, click the name of the library.

Note    A SharePoint site can be significantly modified in appearance and navigation. If you cannot locate an option, such as a command, button, or link, contact your administrator.

3.On the Library tab, in the Connect & Export group, click the arrow next to Connect to Office.

4.Do one of the following:

Click Add to SharePoint sites.

A “Library added” message is displayed, indicating that the current SharePoint site has been added to the shortcut bar of the Office Save As and Open dialog boxes.

Click Remove from SharePoint sites.

A “Library removed” message is displayed, indicating that the current SharePoint site has been deleted from the shortcut bar of the Office Save As and Open dialog boxes.

Click Manage SharePoint sites.

The QuickLinks page (http://my/_layouts/MyQuickLinks.aspx) of you’re my site is displayed so that you can modify the SharePoint Sites links displayed on the shortcut bar of the Office Save As and Open dialog boxes.

Top of Page

• Hello,

This is Justin with Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support.  Thanks for posting your question to the community.

The said instructions simply add your SharePoint library to the list of available options in Word, Excel, etc.  You can also add them manually and they will stay in the Save to SharePoint window of Word and other Office programs. 

To do so manually or for more information about saving to SharePoint, check out the help article below.  Let us know if you have any further concerns and I will monitor this thread for the next few days.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/save-a-document-to-sharepoint-from-office-2010-HA010380214.aspx

Thanks and Regards,

Justin Ronan
    Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Thanks Justin, that cleared it up for  me.  All working OK now.