No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Managing Office365 Sharepoint

• 2 Followers
  • 4 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Not Answered This question is not answered

I am new with office 365. I managed the company networks and just migrated users to exchange on- line two months ago. Everything seems to be running good aside from few minor hiccups.

We are not using Sharepoint at the moment but we are looking into using it in the future. I have no experience with Sharepoint at all, but i am experienced with Microsoft exhange and Windows server infrastructure. Since it is a service that i can include with office 365, do i need to attend a Sharepoint training before i even purchase  a license? If that is the case what type of Sharepoint course(s) that i need to take to manage and administer our on cloud Sharepoint.

I am hearing a lot about Sharepoint that if you started designing it bad, all design after it will be bad. So to save me some headache later, please fire at will any comments/recommendations you have.

All inputs are much appreciated.

• Post Points: 20
All Replies
  • Hello Jon,           

This is Jason Burnside from Microsoft Office365 SharePoint Support.

Thanks for coming to the communities with your concerns about starting with SharePoint Online.

Do you have an Enterprise (E1, E2, E3, or E4) or Professional and Small Business account (P1)?

Once I know what type of account you have, I will give you links which may help you with getting started along with the Service Description for your type of account.

I will continue to monitor this thread for further posts or questions.

Thanks,

Jason Burnside

Office 365 SharePoint Support

• Top 50 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
  • Thanks Jason. We are looking at getting the E3 once we are confident in using sharepoint. As for my questions - do i need to get training first before jumping and started using sharepoint or i can easily use the template and dont worry about the design or architecture of the planned site/usage.

Cheers!

• Not Ranked
  • Hello Jon,                       

Your best option is to plan and design the architecture first. There is a 5000 maximum list view threshold however it may max out before you hit 5000. You will want to be careful of your design and structure depending on the amount of folders and files that you will have on SharePoint. You may want to look through the Enterprise Service description before you start. I will also give you a link to view instructions and information for multiple tasks in SharePoint Online.

SharePoint Online for Enterprises

Enterprise Service Description

Thanks,

Jason Burnside

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Hello Jon,

Did you have any further questions?

Thanks,

Jason Burnside

• Top 50 Contributor
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)