No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Multiple Office 365 accounts running 1 Sharepoint Workspace

This question is answered This question is answered

Hello,

My question is can you run a single sharepoint workspace that has 2 different sharepoint sites attached that I dont have to sign in to each separately to sync?

I am running 2 x Office 365 accounts under different domain names (they are totally separate sign ups) they each have a SharePoint site of which I have to log in using different credentials for each.  I run one local SharePoint workspace on my PC and the only way I have found to syncronise both is to log in as one user to sync one then the other user to sync the other (very frustrating) does anyone know if there is a better way of doing this?

Thanks in advance.

Verified Answer
  • Hi And11Fut ,

Not sure just what it is you are trying to do but this may help, I have used it it for almost a year now. Create a new user account on your PC for Office 365 account. Now in each user account the Outlook, workspace and what ever else only needs to know about 1 Office 365 account, which means you can't put stuff in the wrong one by mistake. For items you do want to share between them, create an Office 365 folder in the public folder on your PC, it can be seen by all users of the machine. Now with both users set-up on the PC, you can have two Team Sites, and Two outlook open with no problems, just use the switch user to go back and forth.

Hope this helps

Robert

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

All Replies
  • Hello And11Fut,

This is Cody with Microsoft SharePoint Online Support. Thank you for your post about using SharePoint Workspace for 2 different accounts at once.

I regret to inform you that there is not a way to allow both accounts to be signed in at the same time. The SharePoint security token only allows one account at a time to be signed in for security reasons. Switching between the two accounts would prompt you to login for the new security token to be validated. I apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Thank you for using the Office 365 SharePoint Online community forums. Have a great weekend!

Best Regards,

Cody Spears

Microsoft SharePoint Online Support

• Hi Cody,

Thanks for your fast response.  Are you able to tell me then if I can run 2 separate lauch bars so that I can have content from each site separate and know that if opening launch bar A. i have to use launch bar A. credentials etc. etc.

Thanks Again.

• Hi And11Fut,

This is Jonis from Microsoft SharePoint Online Support.

You can create shortcuts and links to help identify, which account is needed.  Another option would be to use an account that has permissions to both sites.

If that does not answer your question please let me know as I will continue to monitor this thread for a few days and will reply to any additional posts or questions.

• Hi And11Fut ,

Not sure just what it is you are trying to do but this may help, I have used it it for almost a year now. Create a new user account on your PC for Office 365 account. Now in each user account the Outlook, workspace and what ever else only needs to know about 1 Office 365 account, which means you can't put stuff in the wrong one by mistake. For items you do want to share between them, create an Office 365 folder in the public folder on your PC, it can be seen by all users of the machine. Now with both users set-up on the PC, you can have two Team Sites, and Two outlook open with no problems, just use the switch user to go back and forth.

Hope this helps

Robert

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Thanks for that guys looks like 2 profiles is the way to go.  I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.