No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

404 Messages

• 4 Followers
  • 3 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Answered (Not Verified) This question has suggested answer(s)

My customers report getting 404 messages when trying to access pages - here is the most recent example:

http://chiropracticpediatrics.sharepoint.com/Pages/2012_1220_webster.aspx

I'm losing money - please help.

• Post Points: 35
All Replies
  • Matthew McCoy

I am not getting that error:

but you may want to look at this:  A workaround for the Page addresses

Sorry, BuildItOn365 website has expired. Links to and instructions - no longer exist.

• Top 75 Contributor
    • Male
    • Post Points: 0
    Suggested by
  • Hello Matthew,

This is Cody with Microsoft SharePoint Online. Thank you for your post about a 404 Not Found error.

Like Ken, I am able to load the page correctly. I would like to ask a couple questions about this issue:

• Are your customers using a saved version of the page, or reaching it through a search engine? If the customers are trying to access the site without the “/Pages/” in the URL, this would cause the error, as Ken has shown on his site. Navigating to the site through a search engine could also return this error, as the URL has changed slightly. The search engines have not had time to update their records yet.

• Have the customers tried to clear their browser history and type in the URL directly?

• Does the 404 error occur in other browsers that had not previous been to the site?

I would recommend that customers type in the URL directly to get to the “new” site and then resave any favorites connected to the site. The search engine results will be resolved once the engines update their records during a crawl.

Best Regards,

Cody Spears

Microsoft SharePoint Online Support

• Top 500 Contributor
  • Hello Matthew,

Did you have any further questions?

I will continue to monitor this thread for further posts or questions.

Thanks,

Jason Burnside

Office 365 SharePoint Support

• Top 50 Contributor
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)