No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

My website does not appear on the web

• 5 Followers
  • 6 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

I have eventually completed this totally ridiculous transition and the transfer of the domain name but the website does not come up on the web under the domain name it just shows a 'not found'  What else has to be done to get this resolved/

I can access the site to edit it which is just as well as large chunks of data have disappeared since OfficeLive ceased.  This is now a further week's lost business so I am now becoming extremely annoyed with the whole process.

• Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
All Replies
  • I have now changed the address as stated and will check in 24 hours to see if the site is accessing through my domain name currently if you search for the domain name there is simply a blank white page.

The missing data is in the website that I rebuilt on 365.  This was completed and all working ok but since the end of April large numbers of the picutres have dissapeared and format  has changed.  I am still repairing the damage and will then have to check all the links once the website is working properly.

• Not Ranked
    • Post Points: 0
  • Your images are disappearing because you pasted them from OLSB which is what the erroneous instructions suggest. What you actually did was paste a LINK to the OL stored images - when you moved your domain, those links are no longer valid even though the site is till up so you have to upload all the pics to 365 and reinsert them.
    webbrewers | Easy to use sites | Low/no cost hosting
    • Top 10 Contributor
  • The site is now coming up on a google search under the domain name.  However, now I cannot get into the site to edit it!!!!!  It is still a mess and now I can't change anything on there.  How do I resolve this?

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Ankrham,

Are you still facing this issue?

If not, after changing the website address from  domain.sharepoint.com to our custom domain name. There is a propagation period that you will need to wait before you are able to make the changes.

On the other side, if the error still persists, please capture any error screen (include the URL that the edit link is pointing to) and post them in the fourm.

Thanks,

Evan Zhang

• Top 10 Contributor
  • Hi Ankrham,

How is everything going? Do you have any updates about the status of the issue?

Thanks,
    Mindy Pan

• Top 25 Contributor
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)