No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Change image size in Office 365

This question is answered This question is answered

How do I change the picture size in my image folder? I can insert the image, then "pull the corners in" ,but that's a hassle and when I stick the image in a table it really messes up the size of everything. I was able to manipulate them someway on my old web site, so they would fit much easier, but I don't remember how.

Wes Blanchard

Verified Answer
  • Hi Wes,

This is Tim with Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support.

Unfortunately, there is no option to re-size the images that you have uploaded to your image gallery. You will want to re-size the images and then upload them to your site. You can also change the image size by changing the height and width in the "Format" tab under "Image Tools"

I will continue to monitor this thread if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Tim Muth

Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

All Replies
  • Hi Wes,

This is Tim with Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support.

Unfortunately, there is no option to re-size the images that you have uploaded to your image gallery. You will want to re-size the images and then upload them to your site. You can also change the image size by changing the height and width in the "Format" tab under "Image Tools"

I will continue to monitor this thread if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Tim Muth

Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

• THE MISSING FEATURE MAKES THIS WHOLE WEB DESIGN APPLICATION HOKEY.  Sizing an image before bringing into the gallery, is a guess at best, to figure the right size out.  If you want to put 30 images in your web site that could take several weeks to tweek each one to the perfect image size for each page and location.  You need to fix this to the way it was in the previous version, otherwise many may migrate to Go Daddy, where they help for the same price you charge.  Please help!!  I'd like to stay here.

• The editor is the same as OLSB minus a few tools and the image resizing works the same. If image resolution is a concern, you're still better off resizing the images first. 
  • Tim,

I've been successful at resizing photos to fit. But part of the time, when I drop them into my table, it shifts all other contents over one column. Other tables the images are inserted without any trouble. What would be the difference? I would like to not have to rebuild the tables from scratch...some are pretty big and one page that isn't cooperating has a LOT of them.

Wes