No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Horizonal Image Scroller doesnt work in 365

• This post has 10 Replies |
  • 3 Followers
  • I transferred a Horizonal Scrolling Picture show html gadget over to 365 from OLSB and it wont show the pictures, although it scrolls correctly what am I doing wrong?
  • Hi David,

This is Tim with Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support.

Did you copy and paste everything from OLSB to your SharePoint public-facing site? If you did, it did not transfer the pictures and you will need to re-upload all the pictures to your SharePoint public-facing site. If you are unsure of what you did, please provide me the URL to your website so that I can take a look at it.

I will continue to monitor this thread and wait for your reply.

Thanks,

Tim Muth

Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

• Tim-

Thanks for responding back, I have the pictures loaded but it wont display the images on the website.  The scroller image display runs but doesnt show the pictures.  It is at the bottom of the home page.

• Sorry - website is www.appomattoxdistrictruritan.org

• Hi,

I am seeing a lot a lot of red x's on your website. This is happening because the pictures that are supposed to be where the red x is are located at http://appomattoxdistrictruritan.giving.officelive.com. Also, all the links in the Newsletter area are not working because they are pointed to the incorrect area. You will need to re-insert the pictures into the areas where a red x is showing and you will also need to recreate the links in the Newsletter area.

Thanks,

Tim Muth

• how do i relocate them to the right place?  

• how do i relocate the pictures to the right place, is there information on using sharepoint as I am very frustrated.  

• Hi,

If you have the images on your computer, you will need to re-upload them and then insert them into the correct area. If you do not have the images from your Office Live site, you will want to use the Office Live data recovery site to recover all your data.

Thanks,

Tim Muth

• Inserting an image in OLSB/365 doesn't really insert an image it just inserts a LINK to an image. So If you followed the transition instructions (which are incorrect) and pasted content over you're going to have to update all the pasted links and links to images. To add to this mess, rather thoughtlessly, MSFT changed some of the location names for things like images so pasting alone won't work. So images are now stored in "SiteImages" not "Images".

Since it's the links that are wrong, not the images themselves, rather than replacing them all in the editor one shortcut once you've uploaded all the images is to globally change the link paths to reflect the new locations. You will have to open the site in Sharepoint Designer or Explorer to do this. Then you can open a page and use the find/replace tool to replace references to "/Images/" with "/SiteImages/".  As long as the file names haven't changed that will quickly fix all your image problems without having to mess with the editor at all.

webbrewers | Easy to use sites | Low/no cost hosting

1 out of 2 people found this post helpful.

• Now it makes more sense, because I did following all the instructions when switching over.  SOunds so convoluted though.  UGH

• It's not that bad - I posted a how to here:

http://wb2-web.sharepoint.com/blog/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=5 

webbrewers | Easy to use sites | Low/no cost hosting
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)