No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

How does one add a fabicon to vanity and native team sites?

• 3 Followers
  • 4 Replies |
  • This post has 2 verified answers |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

I am going to research this.  but if anyone has a speeding answer for tips and tricks...

I know how to design the favicon I just need to know how to uploade it to the team sites and vanity domain.

Thanks

• Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
  • You can use this generator for the public site. Without using Sharepoint Designer there isn't a way to add one to the team site but why do you need a favicon for an internal site?
    webbrewers | Easy to use sites | Low/no cost hosting
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
  • Hi Techanalyst,

This is Jonis from Microsoft SharePoint Online Support.

Mch has valuable third party and custom solutions for the favicon question you posted.  I recommend that you review the answer provided by mch. 

In the following community forums post, the favicon issue was related to the customers Internet Explorer history file.  To review the post click here.

When you add a website shortcut to your Internet Explorer favorites bar it looks for an icon file named favicon.ico on the website’s root folder.  If it finds that file it adds that icon to your new favorite’s link instead of the default icon.  Internet Explorer 9 automatically recognizes and instantly adds a favicon.ico to your favorite’s link, if it is in the website’s root folder.

If the solutions provided do not resolve the issue, let us know as we will continue to monitor this thread for a few days and will reply to any additional posts or questions.

Jonis Estrem

Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

• Top 75 Contributor
All Replies
  • You can use this generator for the public site. Without using Sharepoint Designer there isn't a way to add one to the team site but why do you need a favicon for an internal site?
    • Top 10 Contributor
  • so that it looks finished/polished.

mchv2.0 what is the name of this generator?

Sorry about mispelling favicon.

Thanks for the suggestion.

• Not Ranked
  • Techanalyst,

It doesn't have a name  - it's a Sharepoint form  I created on an Office Live site to assist with verification and favicons. Click the link if you want to see it.

• Top 10 Contributor
  • Hi Techanalyst,

This is Jonis from Microsoft SharePoint Online Support.

Mch has valuable third party and custom solutions for the favicon question you posted.  I recommend that you review the answer provided by mch. 

In the following community forums post, the favicon issue was related to the customers Internet Explorer history file.  To review the post click here.

When you add a website shortcut to your Internet Explorer favorites bar it looks for an icon file named favicon.ico on the website’s root folder.  If it finds that file it adds that icon to your new favorite’s link instead of the default icon.  Internet Explorer 9 automatically recognizes and instantly adds a favicon.ico to your favorite’s link, if it is in the website’s root folder.

If the solutions provided do not resolve the issue, let us know as we will continue to monitor this thread for a few days and will reply to any additional posts or questions.

Jonis Estrem

Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

• Top 75 Contributor
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)