No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Use of HTML gadget has made my website not accessible

This question is answered This question is answered

I had everything up and running including my public facing web page. I thought I might add a new page with an HTML gadget just to try it out. I pasted in the HTML and said to save the page. When I did I can no longer get to either the public web page or to edit the internal version. I keep getting the following error out of Internet Explorer:

DNS Error - Server cannot be found

Help! Is this service ready for prime time? Have I just lost my web page and all the hard work it took to transition from OLSB?

Al Jacobson
<Removed by Moderator. Please to not include personal information in these forums>

Verified Answer
  • Hi Al,

This is Tim with Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support.

Adding an HTML gadget should not take down your website. Have you tried to clear the temp files and history out of your browser to see if it might be pulling a cached copy of the website? Have you tried to use a different browser to see if you are able to access your website? Would it be possible for you to provide me with your website so that I can take a look at it and see what happens?

I will continue to monitor this thread and wait for your reply.

Thanks,

Tim Muth

Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

All Replies
  • Hi Al,

This is Tim with Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support.

Adding an HTML gadget should not take down your website. Have you tried to clear the temp files and history out of your browser to see if it might be pulling a cached copy of the website? Have you tried to use a different browser to see if you are able to access your website? Would it be possible for you to provide me with your website so that I can take a look at it and see what happens?

I will continue to monitor this thread and wait for your reply.

Thanks,

Tim Muth

Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support