No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Adding DNS Records at the Domain Registrar

This question is answered This question is answered

I have sucessfully verified my domain name with Namesco and now want to change the DNS records to point to Office 365.

There are no instructions for doing this with Namesco and I am having difficulties.

I am using ns1.bdm.microsoftonline.com and ns2.bdm.microsoftonline.com

Previously for the Namesco details the host was www. If I enter the host name as www for both the above, I get an error message saying the Cname is duplicated.

Using @ as the host name gives an invalid message, and leaving it blank gives the message I must use a host name

Can anyone sucessfully managed to move their DNS records from Namesco to Office 365 and could advise what I am doing wrong?

Verified Answer
  • There might be some useful information here:  www.names.co.uk/.../search_articles.php5

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hi kaz1865,

"Change the DNS record and point to Office365" 's meaning is change Nameserver record and change to ns1.bdm.microsoftonline.com and ns2.bdm.microsoftonline.com.

You can take a look at www.names.co.uk/.../search_articles.php5

Thanks, Neo Zhu

All Replies
  • There might be some useful information here:  www.names.co.uk/.../search_articles.php5

• Hi kaz1865,

"Change the DNS record and point to Office365" 's meaning is change Nameserver record and change to ns1.bdm.microsoftonline.com and ns2.bdm.microsoftonline.com.

You can take a look at www.names.co.uk/.../search_articles.php5

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• Hi Kaz1865,

How are you doing? I am just writing to see if there is any progress on this issue. I do not mean to push you. I just want to ensure that you do not encounter any problems during the troubleshooting. Thank you.

Neo Zhu

• I have sucessfully followed the instructions given above, and changed the name server records more than 96 hours ago, but my web site will still not work. When I troubleshoot the domain, it tells me the name server records are correct, so what should I do now?

• Hi kaz1865,

If you have verified the domainand changed the nameserver record  on Office365.  You need to check this onlinehelp.microsoft.com/.../gg549209.aspx  Please note : by default, the URL of SharePoint facing website is "http://domain.sharepoint.com"

Thanks, Neo Zhu