No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

hyperlink .htm files causes a file open/save dialog box to open!

This question is answered This question is answered

Help...  on our website on the schedules page:  http://www.nhsportszone.com/Pages/LeagueSchedules.aspx   clicking on a hyperlinked schedule causes a dialog box to appear with the option of open/save the file instead of just displaying the file as it used to on officelive.

Please help.  Thanks!

Verified Answer
  • Hi,

This is Tim with Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to open the hyper linked .htm file will not open in browser. You can create the "schedules" in a Word document, open the document in the Web App, copy the URL when the document open in the Web App, and then create a new hyper link using the URL that you copied. This will allow the documents to open in browser and will not prompt anyone to download or save the file.

I will continue to monitor this thread if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Tim Muth

Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

All Replies
  • Hi,

This is Tim with Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to open the hyper linked .htm file will not open in browser. You can create the "schedules" in a Word document, open the document in the Web App, copy the URL when the document open in the Web App, and then create a new hyper link using the URL that you copied. This will allow the documents to open in browser and will not prompt anyone to download or save the file.

I will continue to monitor this thread if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Tim Muth

• Okay, I understand what you're saying.  However, is there a way to link to the schedule document WITHOUT editing ability?  I would just like people to VIEW their schedule online.  

• Hi,

Since the people that will be access your public-facing site will not be signing in, they will not have the ability to edit the document. Even if they click on the "Open in Word" option, they can make changes, but they will not be able to save the document because they will be prompted for a username and password.

Thanks,

Tim Muth