Site Collection backup for Office 365 enterprise

This question is answered This question is answered
How do i take backup of site collection, i don't find any option for save template or even in designer for backup site collection, any help would be appreciated.
Verified Answer
  • Hello

there is currently no backup option for customer

everyhting is backed up by MS Office 365 team, in case of you need a restore just open a Service request

The Save site as template is available through Site Settings (site action section); anyway, there is a size limitation of 10 Mb if you include the content (this is not an Office 365 limitation but a SharePoint one)

All Replies
  • Hello

there is currently no backup option for customer

everyhting is backed up by MS Office 365 team, in case of you need a restore just open a Service request

The Save site as template is available through Site Settings (site action section); anyway, there is a size limitation of 10 Mb if you include the content (this is not an Office 365 limitation but a SharePoint one)

• What is the back up schedule?

• Hi Zaheer,

I want to let you know that we built a SharePoint Backup tool MetaVis Backup that can backup the whole site (including site collections, sub-sites, site structure, content types, lists and fields, list views, documents, non-document items, attachments and pages) from Office 365 SharePoint to your local computer. The tool can individually restore the files or restore lists, libraries, sites or the whole site hierarchy when needed. The restore process preserves metadata, versions and created / modified properties. The tool can perform periodic scheduled backups and full or incremental backups too. The data on the local drive is saved using openly accessible format even without the special software

Free trial is available: http://www.metavistech.com . Feel free to contact us.

Good luck with your project,

Mark