No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Web Page Error "Extra content at the end of the document"

• 4 Followers
  • 8 Replies |
  • This post has 2 verified answers |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

I am editing the public facing website and am getting the following error message on the web page, but I cannot seem to identify what the error is or where it is occurring. Can someone please advise what this error is referring to and/or how to resolve it?

This page contains the following errors:

error on line 1 at column 21: Extra content at the end of the document

Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

• Post Points: 35
Verified Answer
All Replies
  • WEM ,

Are you copying and Pasting?

Take a look at / click this: Don't Paste Directly into Your O365 webpage

Sorry, BuildItOn365 website has expired. Links to and instructions - no longer exist.

• Top 75 Contributor
    • Male
    • Post Points: 0
  • That sounds like an xslt error you'd get if you pasted something that isn't compatible with 365 from OLSB.

http://webbrewers.com/   |     |  Get more out of Office 365

• Top 50 Contributor
    • Male
  • Hi,

This is Justin with Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support.  Thanks for all your replies.

Were the solution posts helpful to the issue?  If so, please let us know.  If not, have you added any custom coding to the public site?  Does the issue reproduce in an alternate browser or computer?  What type of subscription are you using?

Justin Ronan
    Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

• Top 100 Contributor
  • Thank you for all the replies.  The error still shows up for a newly created page that I did not copy from OLSB, when using Safari. It seems that the error message is showing up on all the pages when I use Safari, but the error message does not show up at all when I use Firefox.  Do you think it is a browser issue and not a problem with the web page itself?

Thank you again for all your help.

• Not Ranked
  • WEM ,

It is very hard to tell for you gave us nothing to look at and nothing to check.  A domain name or webpage address would be nice.

One other question, did you add anything using aN HTML module or PayPal Module?

Sorry, BuildItOn365 website has expired. Links to and instructions - no longer exist.

• Top 75 Contributor
    • Male
  • Hi again WEM,

If you are still experiencing the problem, please provide us with a link so that others on the community can test out the site.  Also, try to access the site on another machine.  Does the error reproduce?  Let us know or mark the thread as answered if this has been resolved.

Thanks,

Justin Ronan
    Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

• Top 100 Contributor
  • Thank you for all your suggestions.  I decided to rebuild the website with another service, so it is a non-issue now.  I will mark the thread as answered.

Thank you again for your help,

WEM

• Not Ranked
  • This article was really helpful.  

Thank you!

WEM

• Not Ranked
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)