No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Sharepoint Ridiculously Slow

This question is answered This question is answered
Lately Office 365 Sharepoint isn't even usable. What's going on? Getting to documents takes forever. Meanwhile, the rest of the web is speedy. It's not my connection. This morning, it's failing completely...
Verified Answer
  • Hi All.

This is Tim with Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support.

I have heard reports of this issue and the Service Health in the Administration Portal states that there is currently an issue happening. The both of you will need to create a service request regarding the issue. I have sent you both the information via a private message.

I will continue to monitor this thread if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Tim Muth

Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

All Replies
  • We have been experiencing the exact same issue. Started yesterday (3/27) and continues this morning. Any help would be greatly appreciated

• Hi All.

This is Tim with Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support.

I have heard reports of this issue and the Service Health in the Administration Portal states that there is currently an issue happening. The both of you will need to create a service request regarding the issue. I have sent you both the information via a private message.

I will continue to monitor this thread if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Tim Muth

Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

• Not an answer, but I have the same problem.

• It's not too bad in competent browsers like Firefox, but we're kind of forced to use IE to take advantage of some of the functionality. I'm used to IE 's bizarre slowness when trying to open or close a window or site, but  I have to say any of the 365 Sharepoint sites are by far the slowest that I visit in IE. This isnt a recent problem for me - it's always been this way. Why it takes 1500+ lines of code to generate a site most platforms can do in under 200 or so is beyond me.
  • What's being done about this? It's not an intermittent problem - trying to open the team site from the web site still takes far too long.
  • I just timed it and IE8 takes a full 2 minutes to get the team site opened from the web site. Is it just bad coding or a server side issue?
  • Navigating between different parts of an account in IE is still a problem. Is this just the way it's going to stay?
  • Surely something can be done to speed up 365's performance in IE? I realize IE is a horrible browser, but its interaction with 365 is a whole new level of pain.
  • This is still an issue. Can anyone explain why every other service I use responds almost instantly but O365 takes far too long to close one page and open another? Does it have to check authentication for every action or is just the excessive amount of code used?   
  • The combination of IE and 365 is killing me - I'm using XP but I don't think that's the problem because I can see the "waiting for....." message at the bottom of the browser so the request is sent but 365's response times are pathetic. Users are starting to call it "Slowpoint".