No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

MelbourneIT DNS service down

• This post has 5 Replies |
  • 4 Followers
  • Just thought I'd post this important info-

After trying to add a TXT record to my DNS records with MelbourneIT for almost a week with zero success, I've finally got to the bottom of it after a call to Australia!

Their DNS service is down & has been for at least 6 days!

After a VERY frustrating 6 days of constantly trying to verify my domain, hopefully this is the problem (as they assure me it is)

Just been told (but he did say it's not a guarantee) it should be resolved in the next 6 hours.

Here's hoping.

• winproclean,

That was happening to me too.  Can't seem to access MelbourneIT, but I know others were accessing MIT!  Maybe it is a regional thing!

Really, thanks for the information.

Sorry, BuildItOn365 website has expired. Links to and instructions - no longer exist.

• Well, according to their "service status" it's been back up & running for a day & guess what?

I STILL CANT ADD A TXT RECORD!!!!!!!!!!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!

No response from TWO online help requests & about £20 in phone costs waiting in endless ques!!!

I could have had a professional site built & hosted by now!

Is this really worth it?

• I'm glad I found this message as I have been trying the same thing and phoned them with no reply. I agree with the last message microsoft 365 has become a lot of hassle compared to officelive, if I had known all this before hand I would of just paid someone to build me a website. This will be my 4th website with microsoft and my last. WHO NEEDS ALL THIS WHEN TRYING TO RUN A BUSINESS ?

• Hey, at last, I got an email response from the great Melbourne IT.

At last I thought, we'll have a solution!

Guess what the response was?

Yep, links to the video tutorial & pages that I've watched & read over & over & over & over!!

MORONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FFS!!!

• Advice-

Phone MIT between the hours of 0900 - 1700 Melbourne time.

They will add a TXT record for you.

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)