No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Uploading Access 2010 Database to Sharepoint fails "System Resource Exceeded"

• 2 Followers
  • 2 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

Trying to upload tables as Sharepoint lists.      Virtually all of the tables are interrelated so I cannot upload them just one at a time.       The total database is about 175 mb.  and some of the tables hold as many as 166,000 items.          I believe that what is happening is that I am exceeding the 20-minute time out and thus the message "System Resource Exceeded".       Is there any way to work around this?

• Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
  • Hi,

This is Tim with Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support.

You problem seems to be two-fold. First, if you are trying to publish the database using Access services on your SharePoint site, the 166,000 items is surpassing the list view threshold. Second, since that file is large, you can be running into a time out issue. You may want to either think about just uploading the database and not use access services, or break apart the database into smaller chunks. I will continue to monitor this thread if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Tim Muth

Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

• Top 50 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
  • Hello Tendershoots,

This is Jason Burnside from Microsoft Office365 SharePoint Support.

Tim’s response laid out a couple options that you can try to resolve your issue. After trying Tim’s options, please let us know if your issue is resolved.

I will continue to monitor this thread if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Jason Burnside

Office 365 SharePoint Support

• Top 50 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)