No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Task List > Calender View

This question is not answered This question is not answered

Is there a way to create a calender view or a calender that you can Show tasks from multiple task list?

Example

List1 task1,23

List2 task1,23

List3 task1,23

Calender View shows all tasks from all three list.

All Replies
  • Hi TampaGC,

This is Jonis from Microsoft Online SharePoint Support.

The following link details using a calendar overlay to overlay a SharePoint calendar with multiple outlook calendars.  Review the article and see if that will work for what you are looking to accomplish. 

View and update a SharePoint calendar

Since your question concerns multiple task lists, a project task list could also be the answer. 

Project task list

If that does not solve your question please let me know as I will continue to monitor this thread for any additional posts or questions.

• Thanks for the reply but it does not solve the problem originally posted above..

• If you create calendar views in each of your tasks list then you can use a calendar overlay to display each of them (up to 10 in one calendar).  These blog posts should give you an idea of what you need to do to configure this:

http://blogs.sharepoint911.com/blogs/jennifer/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=27

http://blogs.sharepoint911.com/blogs/jennifer/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=72

• Thanks Jennifer.

Do you know if Calender overlays are working in O365.

When i try my dropdown list are empty and I do have calender views set up.

Also where would I find  the URLS for an Exchange calender?

• This sounds silly, but have you clicle on the resolve button?  Once you do that you should be able to select your lists from the dropdown (based on the URL you entered to resolve)

For exchange overlays, last I knew there were still some issues getting that to work.  Maybe someone from MS can chime in and give us an update on that?

• When i click resolve it after a few minutes takes me the attched page,

• Hi TampaGC,

This is Jonis from Microsoft Online SharePoint Support.

I keep hearing that we have Exchange overlays working in Office 365, so that is what I am going on.  I know that you would like to have a calendar show tasks from multiple lists, but I still think that a calendar overlay is as close as we are going to get.

The following article details working with multiple Exchange and SharePoint calendars in one SharePoint calendar.  To review the article click here.

• The answer of Jennifer is correct. I've done it also this way this morning. It took a long time to resolve but it worked.