No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Requires JavaScript to sign in?

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)

I've got a following error message when I tried to open uploaded documents in a document library using the 'Edit in Microsoft Word' item menu option.

- Microsoft Online Services requires JavaScript to sign in. This web browser either does not support JavaScript, or scripts are being blocked.

To find out whether your browser supports JavaScript, or to allow scripts, see the browser's online help.

I'm using XP(sp3) + IE7 + Office 2003 Std.

I've tried different security levels in Internet Options and FireFox 4, but none of them works.

Thanks

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

All Replies
  • Hi  

The following operating systems and software versions will not work with Office 365. Instead of using these, either upgrade to the supported versions that you can use for those features.

Windows Server 2003 operating system

Windows XP Home and Media Center

Microsoft Office 2003

Microsoft Office Outlook 2003

Microsoft Internet Explorer 6

Microsoft Office Communicator 2007

Thanks

Wave

• Yes, you should have Microsoft office 2007 or 2010 installed on your machine. You also need to setup your computer to work with office365. After login to office365, read instructions in the Home page.

• Hi,

I was having the same problem and think i have the solution, I am using Windows XP Pro (SP3) and Office 2003 Pro (SP3 and all availbale windows updates) IE8.  When you log in just tick the check box the Keep me logged in.  Seemed to work for me and a few of my users.

Thanks,

Collyn

• I had the same problem as Collyn and others in this thread. ticking the keep me logged in box helps. Thanks