No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Custom WebPart on SharePoint Online

• This post has 7 Replies |
  • 4 Followers
  • Hello, can we install a custom WebPart (.WSP) on a site in the SharePoint Online ? What is the steps ?

Can We access the central administration of our WebApplicattion on SharePoint Online ?

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hi lefaulhaber. SharePoint Online supports custom web parts via sandbox solutions. You cannot access central administration but you do have access to the SharePoint Online administration site where you can manage site collections, terms, and business data connectivity.

These SharePoint Online developer resources may help you with custom web parts:

msdn.microsoft.com/.../hh147180.aspx

msdn.microsoft.com/.../gg153540.aspx

• Hi lefaulhaber.
    It looks like Myles was able to provide you the answers to your questions, is there anything else that you may need help with?

Bob Kasper
    Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support
  • Hi lefaulhaber.
    Was there anything else that you had questions on?
    Bob Kasper
  • Hi,

I had a similar question.

I was wondering if it was possible to use custom web parts on SharePoint Online by Microsoft. If it is possible what would be the procedure to do so. I interested in using the"AEGoogleChartWebpar"(www.amrein.com/.../page.asp).

• Hi V4,

This is Bob from Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support. Thank you for coming to the communities with your question about using a custom Web Part.      

As Myles pointed out above you can use them via sandbox solutions.

Developing, Deploying, and Monitoring Sandboxed Solutions in SharePoint 2010

A Lap Around SharePoint 2010 Sandboxed Solutions Resource Quotas

from reading the link that you provided there is a PDF file that explains how to set up and install the web part.  I also seen that it was described as a web part for deploying on SharePoint server, and not sure if it will work for SharePoint Online.  Being that this is a third Party application it falls under the best effort support category.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with as I will be monitoring this thread over the next few days.

Thank you,
    Bob Kasper
  • Hi V4,

I’m just checking in to see if there was anything else that you have questions on.  Please let me know as I will only be monitoring this thread for a few more days. 

Regards,

Bob Kasper
  • Hi Bob,

I am good for now.

Thanks for your help.

-V4

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)