No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Content Query Rollup and custom XSLT

• I created a content query rollup, and a custom XSLT file to display a more detailed contact list.  In the XSLT file I created a style with a couple of additional fields that i want to display based upon the Bulleted List style.  I updated the custom query to reference the new XSLT and it recoginzes the style, but the fields are not displaying as part of the fields to display.  Rather, SipAddress, LinkToolTip, OpenInNewWindow, and Description are showing.  I have attached the XSLT I created.

Thanks in advance.

• ItemStyle_TPN.txt
    BTW , I changed the extension of the file to "txt" so it can be uploaded.
  • Hi John,

Here are some Developer resources that might be helpful.  And perhaps some of our other users might have some experience that could be helpful.

SharePoint Developer Center
    SharePoint Online for Office 365: Developer Guide
    MSDN: SharePoint Online for Office 365 Developer Guide

Matt Gill
    Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

• John,

Is this in your team site or a public site? I know there's an unresolved bug in SPO which doesn't give the cached xsl anonymous permission and doesn't allow you to turn the caching off. So linking to an xsl file doesn't work on public pages without a workaround. 

• It is my team site.  Can you tell me what the workaround is?

• John,

It wouldn't apply to team site lists. Linked xsl files don't inherit anonymous permissions on a public page because SPO caches the xsl and the cached file is erroneously password protected. On a team site that shouldn't be a problem.

Have you tried adding the xsl via Sharepoint Designer by replacing the list's default xsl? 

• Hello John,

Was the suggestion mch posted helpful to you? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Justin Ronan

• Hi John,

Was the suggestion that mch posted for you helpful?

Please let us know.

Thanks,

Tim Muth