No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

ActiveX Control Prompt: "Control name is not available"

This question is not answered This question is not answered

I'm getting prompted to allow an ActiveX control whenever I try to upload documents to SharePoint. This is on IE9 RTM, running on Windows 7 64-bit. The error message is captured in the below image: The webpage wants to run the following add-on: 'Control name is not available' from 'Not Available'.

Does anyone know what this control is? I'm not in the habit of installing unknown ActiveX controls, particularly when they have a title as suspicious as this. Are the Office 365 controls not signed?

All Replies
  • Hi

It seems like a ActiveX control about Office Web Applications.I think it is safty and you may click the Allow button.Any information of ActiveX Control,you can check the link below.

msdn.microsoft.com/.../ms440037.aspx

Thanks

Rock

• Saw this today as well... didn't feel at risk so much as amused.  That said I know that this does not meet UA guidelines for MS and so adding my 2¢ to say this should be considered as a bug.