No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Integration with another Cloud App

• This post has 9 Replies |
  • 4 Followers
  • We are developing a cloud based information management service on Amazon AWS using GWT and it pulls in content from a variety of sources (google docs, desktop, bookmarks, twitter, dropbox etc.) and index them. How can we integrate with Office 365 and be able to obtain listing of contacts, store and access documents in Sharepoint online ? Do you have any guides available for proceeding with such an integration with third party apps ? what is the process for single sign on with office 365 so that the login is seamless between our app and office 365 accounts ? We would like to list our app in the Office 365 marketplace.

• Hi NSai,

You could look at the available web services and if they can help you. I haven't tried calling them from outside of SPO so far, can't guarantee if it'll work

Wictor Wilen wrote an article about how to authenticate with O365: www.wictorwilen.se/.../How-to-do-active-authentication-to-Office-365-and-SharePoint-Online.aspx (there was another posting here in the forums with links to two other sites that discuss authentication as well, but can't find it right now)

That code is in C#, though, you'd have to check how to do it in Java (also check the forums here, there was a discussion about it recently)

Rene Modery (MVP)
    modery.net  | Twitter  | Linkedin
  • Hi Rene,

Thank you for your reply and the article.  I was able to dig out two links in the forum postings that have mentioned SSO integration. It sounds like Active Directory Federation Services 2.0 (AD FS 2.0) will be required for this integration. Hope someone from office 365 support can confirm this understanding.

community.office365.com/.../34612.aspx

community.office365.com/.../43153.aspx

Regarding available web services, are there any user guide/sample code links that you can point me towards ?

• Hi NSai,

here's the list of available web services in SharePoint Online: msdn.microsoft.com/.../gg454740.aspx

If you want to know details, look at the corresponding article at the SharePoint 2010 site: msdn.microsoft.com/.../ee705814.aspx

Rene Modery (MVP)
    modery.net  | Twitter  | Linkedin
  • Hello NSai,

What you have found regarding SSO integration is correct.

There is some information on developing for the web services found here:

www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx and www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx

The second is general SharePoint 2010 development so you will have to filter that against the available web services in the SharePoint Online environment.

Thank you,

Brandon Yeats

SharePoint Online Support

• Hello NSai,

Do you have any more questions? Was the information I provided of any help?

Thank you,

Brandon Yeats

• Yes Brandon. The information provided was useful to me.

• Hello NSai,

I am glad to have helped. Have a good day!

Thank you,

Brandon Yeats

• Hi Sai, Were you able to integrate or authenticate into Sharepoint Online from Java ? If you have, kindly let me know the details. I am trying to do the same and I get a 403 forbidden error.

Thanks,

Krishna

• Hi Sai,

Were you able to integrate or authenticate into Sharepoint Online from Java ? If you have, kindly let me know the details. I am trying to do the same and I get a 403 forbidden error.

Thanks,

Krishna

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)