No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Sharepoint Task Alerts stopped working

• 11 Followers
  • 55 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

Hello

I have created a task list within Sharepoint and setup Alerts which were working fine until this morning.

I have given everyone who uses the task list full permissions and i have tried deleting and recreating the Alerts, still no joy.

I don't even get the default alert which is sent when the task is assigned to you. ( Send e-mail when ownership is assigned is turned on)

I have even created a new dummy task list with default and custom alerts but this is also not working.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

• Post Points: 50
All Replies
  • One of my colleagues has just pointed out that yesterday he was sent a message from microsoft via the Service Health RSS feed that there was a problem.

So it looks like signing up to the RSS feed is the way to go.

• Not Ranked
    • Post Points: 0
  • Hi Maggie,

We are experiencing this issue as well at the moment and I have an open service request.

Rather disappointingly, when I asked our support agent whether other people had been raising the same issue, he said not that he was aware off.

Can you indicate when this issue is likely to be resolved?  I raised my case last Friday and at the moment have had no indication of when it is likely to be resolved.

Thanks,

Barry

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Laws,

Thanks for your update.

Perhaps the issue is only affecting some special areas. Currently we are working on this issue and the further investigation is going on. Could you please provide the region information of your colleague in private message? Thanks very much.

Hi Barry,

I understand the inconvenience caused by the issue. Based on current situation, I sincerely suggest you monitor the progress of the service request (SR). Our support will try our best to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Thanks for your understanding.

In addition, can you provide your SR number with me so that I can help you monitor the activities. Meanwhile, I have sent you a private message. I’d appreciate it if you can response on it.

Thanks,
    Maggie Li

• Top 25 Contributor
  • Maggie i have sent you a PM

Just to add that notifications are not working at all today.

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Laws,

We have received the private message, and I noticed that the issue is still under investigation. Actually the notification function is based on the email sending function in SharePoint. To help us further narrow down the issue, would you please test other actions with email sending in your site, such as a simple workflow? Meanwhile, I suggest you keep in touch with our support engineer to get the latest information about this issue. We will also update here once there is any useful information. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Reken Liu

• Top 50 Contributor
    • Male
  • Hello,

The contact us gadget is not working for me, i just noticed, last time i received a message from my webpage was OCT 2nd, i usually receive messages everyday that is why i thought this was weird.

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Laws,

I noticed that the service request you submit has been closed today. Just confirm that the issue has been resolved on your side. If you need additional help, please feel free to post back.

@Diegogk, we understand that the email sending function in the Contact Us page doesn't work well for a little number of tenants. At this point, I suggest you change the email address in the Contact Us page, or re-create the page to see the issue can be fixed. If the issue cannot be fixed by this, please create a new thread in the forum get a dedicated help. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Reken Liu

• Top 50 Contributor
    • Male
  • Sigh!!!!

Down again :(

• Not Ranked
  • Same here. Email nofifications for issue list changes and oher list alerts again do not work.

I received my last notification yesterday evening. The service has stopped working at some point between then and this morning.

• Not Ranked
  • My alerts are not functioning either, last alert was last night. Again service health is reporting nothing wrong. This is getting very tedious and it impacts on the running of our business! It is happening all too frequently with no explanation!

• Not Ranked
  • Yep, our environment also have the same problems (again) with the alerts. It looks like these problems repeat itself every month.

I bet if I submit a new service request, I will receive an answer like "Email functionality within SharePoint Online is built by design. This includes a couple of moments each month where you are allowed to deliver alerts yourself by hand, instead of using the automatic notification functionality in Office 365. By doing so, we at Microsoft garantee you'll stay in good shape. Please make sure you take the stairs instead of the elevator when you deliver the alerts."

• Not Ranked
  • Thanks for all the feedbacks about the issue here. However, based on my testing in my environment, the alert function is working well. To further narrow down the issue, I would like to know the region and subscription plan information of your Office 365 account. I have sent private messages to you to collect the information, please reply the private message to me with the following steps:

• Go to the Your details section on the right side of the community site.
    • Click Private messages.
    • Click the subject title of the response to read the message.
    • You can reply by using the form in this display.
    • Click Submit Reply.

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

• Top 50 Contributor
    • Male
  • Hi Reken

Right now, the service seems to be working again. However, it is very important that a permanent solution is found, so I plan to keep open a service request that I logged on Friday. I will PM you the ID.

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Morten,

Thanks for your response. I have checked the service request you submit, and I noticed that the issue is cloud side related, which has been fixed now. Again, thanks everyone to for reporting the issue timely. I sincerely appreciate your time.

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

• Top 50 Contributor
    • Male
  • Hi Reken,

Could you please clarify: What do you mean by "cloud side related"? And is the fix temporary or permanent?

• Not Ranked
Page 3 of 4 (56 items) |1|2|3|4|