No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

how can i remove the "created at" line from rss feeds

• 6 Followers
  • 39 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Answered (Not Verified) This question has suggested answer(s)

i would like to remove the "created at" from the rss feeds of files in sharpeoint online

• Post Points: 275
All Replies
  • Would you caputer a screen shot ?

the rss feeds of sharepoint or you subscribe the feed of other sites in SharePoint

• Not Ranked
    • Post Points: 0
  • rss feeds of sharepoint online list views

since im posting the screen shot i would like another question answered see the screen shot

• Top 500 Contributor
  • An rss feed of a list will only show the columns in the view so if you remove the ones you don't want from the list view, they won't show in the feed. How are you setting this up and where are you displaying the feed?
    webbrewers | Easy to use sites | Low/no cost hosting
    • Top 10 Contributor
  • the list view only shows 'title' and 'modified' but the 'created at' still is showing up in the RSS

• Top 500 Contributor
  • i would like to use the feed for google feedburner feeds.yourjewishnews.com/yourjewishnews

• Top 500 Contributor
  • I see what you mean. It looks like the date and author are meta data fields that are baked in no matter what you do with the source list. You'd probably have to look at the xsl in Sharepoint Designer to see if they can be removed there. I'm guessing it would be in the default list xsl files though which don't  seem to be accessible in a P account.
    • Top 10 Contributor
  • i guessed so lets wait and see what microsoft support will have to say about this i don't understand why they would bake that into the cake so to speak and not leave it up as an option

• Top 500 Contributor
  • there really is another problem that causes this problem

Why do i get an old date when i create a new web page with a saved web page template it just record the date i created the page template rather than this new page

• Top 500 Contributor
  • The web page templates are just copies of the page files, not really "templates". If you create a new page the "modified" date is correct but the new page still has the original page create date. You might get more info if you describe in more detail what you're trying to do.
    • Top 10 Contributor
  • i basically create about 30 new pages a day using the saved custom web page templates so i will either need the created at dropped from the rss feed or have the created by date to reflect the true created date

• Top 500 Contributor
  • I still don't get it. You mentioned the create date for a LIST item - did you mean the feed is picking up the LIST item create date or the PAGE create date in the web page library?
    • Top 10 Contributor
  • the feed picks up the create date of when the original template page was created

not when the new web page was created using the template page

• Top 500 Contributor
  • I get that part. But originally you were talking about a list  - I assume you meant the web page library and just pages? You're not using a list in this process?  
    • Top 10 Contributor
  • you are right it is just an RSS from a list view which i set to list the 25 most recent web pages i created

• Top 500 Contributor
Page 1 of 3 (40 items) 1|2|3|